Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor wap on phone

• 28-08-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

I got a text from meteor saying i know will receive free wap and mms on my phone,they text me the installation and i installed it,how long does it last,has anyone else got it before?

forgot to say that i have been using it and i don't get charged anything, i am on pay as you go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

rejkin wrote: »
    I got a text from meteor saying i know will receive free wap and mms on my phone,they text me the installation and i installed it,how long does it last,has anyone else got it before?

forgot to say that i have been using it and i don't get charged anything, i am on pay as you go

That was more than likely the free Meteor WAP and MMS APN settings that enables you to access the Internet and send/receive picture messages. You receive automatic APN settings every time you put your sim in a different handset and make a chargeable call on the Meteor network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

did you have to pay to get these settings before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

No but iv been using the wap for a while and still haven't been charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dankoozy wrote: »
    did you have to pay to get these settings before?

No, I merely mentioned the word "free" in my original post so as to let the OP know that the settings are free, not the services.

So does anyone know why im not getting charged for the services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I'd becareful i heard of that happening before and then they whack the bill all on at once.

yeah your prob right,i wont use it anymore and see if i get charged later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

did it say you will not recieve your configuration settings or you will now recieve free MMS and WAP cos they are slightly different.

if you are PAYG then you should get charged immediately (unless your in a few specific countries (non-CAMEL)).

Advertisement