Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 uk&3irl price comparision

• 28-08-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

this has probely being covered a dozen times im due an up grade from 3 so i decided to check out there uk site to see have they got the N97
    to my shock my tariff works out at 46 euro compared to 80 euro a month and also the phone is free ffs there going be looking for about 400 euro for the hand set f**king rip off check out the link.http://threestore.three.co.uk/priceplans.aspx?id=1401&phonecode=NON97B3DSL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

yea, mobile phone networks are cheaper in england. and the isle of man, and norn iron, and pretty much anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

has anyone on here threaten to leave them and if so did 3 do anything to make them stay im with them two years and out of contract

has anyone on here threaten to leave them and if so did 3 do anything to make them stay im with them two years and out of contract

apparently some few people threatened to leave back when they started pushing up the prices and they were allowed to stay on the old plan. i just left when the first price increases came in possibly not the best idea as people managed to stay on an old plan. but it's definitely worth a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Ever heard of economies of scale? Ireland and Britain are different markets, and there is the small matter of them having a population more than twelve times larger than ours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

jordainius wrote: »
    Ever heard of economies of scale? Ireland and Britain are different markets, and there is the small matter of them having a population more than twelve times larger than ours...

yes i have taken that into consideration but dont the irish spend more time talking&texting than any other nation in the world bar japan i remember reading about it in the indo sometime ago

• Advertisement

jordainius wrote: »

well then using a mobile on the Isle of man should be a real rip off, only 80,000 people and they have their own networks there. but no its ridiculously cheap. population density would definitely play a part. if we are subsidising large remote areas where nobody uses the masts i would rather switch to a cheap network that doesn't cover those places but no such network exists except 3, who are by no means cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Ah no actually, the Isle man is part of Britain. And regarding their own networks , the island is so small that the costs of running a network must be tiny.

Advertisement