Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling an American mobile phone from Ireland with a call card.

• 28-08-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I was just wondering does anyone know the best and the cheapest way of calling someone in the US?

I'll be calling from my Irish mobile (O2) and calling my friend who is on the AT&T network in the US. I'm specifically looking for something that will not charge me extra (other than the initial cost of the call card) but will also not cost my friend anything to receive the call. I know Skype is an option but I need to be able to call while traveling around the country.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

you don't by any chance have a Nokia E-series phone? no VoiP/Wifi option? because that would be the cheapest by far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Check out the 1call.ie site, these indirect numbers come out of your phone credit. Many US mobile plans charge to receive calls.

Advertisement