Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost - Dry lining

• 28-08-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

hi guys,

we're getting three rooms in our 3 bed semi dry lined (Dublin). Quote is for dry lining and re-plaster and does involve re doing some coving detail on the ceiling as well on the affected walls (nothing fancy, a plain plaster curve). Quote is for 1500- - 1700e depending on whether we get windows re-sealed as well (probably won't go for this as windows only put in last yr).

Does that seem reasonable? I was a bit taken aback. Was expecting to pay more a 1000e. Any views?

Can't apply for SEI grant unfortunately as we're not planning to do the gable stair wall as we're hoping to do a major extension in 2-5y. :(

Tks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thats not a bad price for Dublin. Outside the Pale you would be charged 350 to 500 yoyos per wall just for dri-lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

Seems like a good price. The boards are fairly dear to at about €30 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Looks like a good price to me considering they may have to re-fir sockets, move rads, replace skirting, do coving etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

tks guys,ye're v reassuring :)

we know the guy is good as he's done work for us before but good to know he's not taking advantage either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 glancy

Any idea how much the following would estimate to cost (Dublin based)

Dry lining 30 sq feet
    French doors
    Taking down existing ceiling and replacing with new ceiling with insulation.

I am currently in the process of renovating my freezing kitchen.

Any recommendations/advice greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hi glancy - PM sent^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcwhite

Hi Ellee

We are planning on having some similar work done but struggling to find someone reliable. Did you go ahead with the guy who quoted you? Were you happy with the work? I would be very grateful if you could PM me their name/contact details.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hi McWhite - PM sent^^

Advertisement