Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New traffic lights at Waterpark & Newtown

• 28-08-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I suppose these will get them maiden run on monday morning ?

Thought the pedestrian lights at powerscourt were a pain , these will be the worst addition to the town by the looks of it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Joe Gt wrote: »
    I suppose these will get them maiden run on monday morning ?

Thought the pedestrian lights at powerscourt were a pain , these will be the worst addition to the town by the looks of it
    The pedestrian lights at Powerscourt were necessary. Indeed there should be a proper crossing such as the one up by Xtravision.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jmcc wrote: »
    The pedestrian lights at Powerscourt were necessary. Indeed there should be a proper crossing such as the one up by Xtravision.

Regards...jmcc

Agreed they were very badly needed as was the sensor allowing traffic to actually get out of powerscourt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

The new pedestrian traffic lights are necessary at these schools when you see the amount of children trying to cross the roads dodging cars etc.

Now that parents are no longer allowed park in DLS car park when dropping off pupils it's going to result in even bigger tail backs as people stop out on the roads to drop off pupils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Parents Are Also Not Allowed Park In Waterparks Carpark Either.
    A New Gate With A Electronic Barrier In Place To Stop Them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Revvy

Can anyone tell me what the the small black boxers coming out the side of these lights are, some sort of sensor maybe ???

I'd say its an advoid these lights at all costs between 8.30 and 9.30 each morning.

Also, two new bus stops and pedestrian lights outside farmleigh, must have cost a nice few bob, I hope both the bus companies and the londis shop paid for these as I don,t see these as being priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Revvy wrote: »
    Also, two new bus stops and pedestrian lights outside farmleigh, must have cost a nice few bob, I hope both the bus companies and the londis shop paid for these as I don,t see these as being priority.

Ever try to cross the road at Farmleigh? I've stood there for 3-4 minutes at times waiting for a gap in the traffic just to get across to the Londis shop or Oskar's. The pedestrian lights are badly needed, believe me - especially since drivers seem to think the roundabout at Oskar's marks the end of the 50 km/h speed limit and accelerate away from it like they're on the starting grid at Hockenheim!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Revvy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the the small black boxers coming out the side of these lights are, some sort of sensor maybe ???

They are sensors, but not fully fitted correctly last time I saw them. They are fitted sometimes but often serve no purpose it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Traffic lights at Newtown are also for the traffic coming out of the School. If you look closely there is one just inside the gate. I would suspect the ones at the park are to also let the traffic out of De La Salles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Oh do I sense a big messy mess that gradually turns into something that works? 4 schools within a square mile is enough to make these lights fun fun fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I need a new route to work. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

more hold ups and traffic jams ,who decides on this big waste of parking ticket money?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Walked past these lights tonight and was pretty much taken aback by how advanced they seem to be. They're still digging up parts of the road so they won't be operational for some time I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Also, two new bus stops and pedestrian lights outside farmleigh, must have cost a nice few bob, I hope both the bus companies and the londis shop paid for these as I don,t see these as being priority.[/QUOTE]

I was one of the people that asked for this bus stop to be put there out side Farmleigh.There are a few old people living on that estate, and the bus stop will drop them nearer to theie homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Revvy

I wonder why there are 2 stops though !

Advertisement