Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in carlow

Options
  • 28-08-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Things to do in Carlow town bar drinking?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

There's a few threads on this already. I'm in a bit of a rush now but would link you otherwards. Do a quick search in this forum and you'll find a thread on things to do in carlow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

stick-dan wrote: »
    There's a few threads on this already. I'm in a bit of a rush now but would link you otherwards. Do a quick search in this forum and you'll find a thread on things to do in carlow :)

cheers Dan old mod man:pac: I'll dig up a few now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

moving to carlow

wont let me search past that for some reason , but some stuff in this thread anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The Carlow Institute of Further Education will be starting their evening classes later this month, have a look below and see if anything might suit you!

http://www.carlowife.ie/general/Brochure.htm

I expressed interest in four of the courses last September and January.....none of them went ahead :rolleyes:. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a course that has more than one person applying for it! :p

Alternatively, if you are bored of a Sunday afternoon and militaria is your thing then pop into the Carlow Military Museum on the Athy Rd, the old church behind St Dympna's. I work up there of a Sunday evening, say you know me and you'll get a 10c discount! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Alternatively, if you are bored of a Sunday afternoon and militaria is your thing then pop into the Carlow Military Museum on the Athy Rd, the old church behind St Dympna's. I work up there of a Sunday evening, say you know me and you'll get a 10c discount! :p

What are the opening hours? Last time I called up (few months back) it was looking pretty closed :(

Good to see it open again.

Any problem taking photos inside?

thanks

kevin

nagero wrote: »
    What are the opening hours? Last time I called up (few months back) it was looking pretty closed :(

Good to see it open again.

Any problem taking photos inside?

thanks

kevin

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately we had some issues with the water, as well as some internal work that went on longer than expected. But its all come together now and is continuing to improve.

We are open every Sunday of September (probably every Sunday of October too, but that isnt final yet) from 2 to 5pm. There is no problem taking pictures. Sure if you drop in make yourself known, I'm the young fella :p, Peter.

Got a booklet in the door today about the new VISUAL arts centre, behind St Patricks College. Have to say the range of events that are taking place there over the next few months looks fab! Everything from storytelling, music (mundy, Jack L, Michael English etc), comedy, drama, movies, performing arts etc etc! Events and shows for all ages and a great range of events around Halloween it seems. Cant wait until the place opens!

So that should provide another few things to do on these dark evenings! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Got a booklet in the door today about the new VISUAL arts centre, behind St Patricks College. Have to say the range of events that are taking place there over the next few months looks fab! Everything from storytelling, music (mundy, Jack L, Michael English etc), comedy, drama, movies, performing arts etc etc! Events and shows for all ages and a great range of events around Halloween it seems. Cant wait until the place opens!

So that should provide another few things to do on these dark evenings! :D

That sounds great. By any chance do you have a scanner? If you do would you mind uploading it ? I'd love to have a read.

I cant get the website working, that surely would have a detailed guide of all the events. Must not be finished yet:

http://www.gbshawtheatre.ie/

Anyway, I dont have a scanner I'm afraid, but here's a quick shot of the event guide for the next few months.

101_1425.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

http://www.gbshawtheatre.ie/theatre.php seems to match up with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

go for walks out in oak park forest park, it kills an hour or 2 and is good for you, no admission fee either, also bowling at the dome, new cinema will be opening soon

Advertisement