Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature help.

Options
  • 28-08-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

I'm just looking for a bit of help regarding my sig. I normally have my playstation ID and a further line (which is still there.) in my sig.

This equated to around the size of four lines of text which is in the rules. I've had it edited twice in the last month but have'nt recieved a PM about it being edited and i havent seen it reported in the SIGPO thread. The PS ID looked to be around three lines in size while i had the extra line.

Ive seen loads of other users with the PS ID and sometimes a line or two thrown in underneath. And i orignally had it for a couple of months before it was edited the first time.

If you want i could put it back the way it was and let you judge if it is too big. It looked fine to me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Afair it was really large in kilobytes, I delete loads of those PS id sigs all the time, how many kb was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I went to the playstation website and saved the ID from there to my desktop to check the size.

It's 61kb with dimensions of 550 X 125.

61kb is too big, that's why I removed it, as I do to the other PS IDs I see on my travels.

As per sigrules: "Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size" are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That's ok. I had'nt realised the size of the ID in KB was so big. I assumed they were ok because i had seen them in other sigs.

Thanks for your help Gordon.

Aye, it's understandable as they are popular and afair they have a transparent border making them look smaller than they are. Hopefully we'll up the kb allowed in the future as more people get broadband, but it may be a while yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement