Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecks: Anyone sure they will go up after viewing papers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

spurious wrote: »
    That's only partly true. It IS to do with limiting the number of As, but I doubt you'd be happier with a system that marked the 2009 LC as easier than any other year and any As gained in it as suspect.

I dont think anyone would give 2 tosses as long as they got their course.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Some posts split into a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PeterCarthy

argonaut wrote: »
    I checked one of my scripts today- I'm four marks, or two thirds of one per cent, away from the A2 in Maths required for my first choice. I reckon it's worth an appeal, on the off-chance I pick up the marks.
    i was one mark away from a grade up in maths, physics and DCG, and managed to get get 5 of my papers rexamined by a chief examiner, and the chances of that are supposed to only be one in 10. that one grade lost me my course. lol pretty sure i was the most unlucky person in the leaving cert. :)

I'm in the same boat. The results for the rechecks are out tommorrow by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

how does one view the rechecked result as i have lost my pin for the sec site.

• Advertisement

bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Ring your school, or your school will ring you.

I got Biology rechecked as I was on 89.75% (******* bastard) and barely missed out on my Top preference course.
    I already got it on 3rd rounds though, so don't really care whether or not I go up. Guess it'd be nice, but it no longer makes any difference to me.

Oh yeah I remember reading your post on leaving-cert.net.It's great that you are in Trinity but I was hoping to finally meet you in Brain and Behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

So the rechecks are definitely out tomorrow? Got biology and business rechecked.. Will they be available at school or do we have to log on to examinations.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

If your school doesn't ring you, ring them.
    Otherwise they'll post it out to you.

I'd imagine they'll be up online too.

And thanks meathawk, UCD was lovely, but Medicine in Trinners is just that wee bit more sexay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 brenwald

The re-check is well worth doing if you see glaring omissions/mistakes, however its needs to be said that a re-check is NOT a re-mark, its an appeal, all the appeal examiner does is see that the 1st examiner marked the exam fairly and without any technical errors.
    A subjective mark i.e. giving 5/10 instead of 6/10 for an answer will not be changed unless their is a major error in the subjective mark.
    Remember an appeal can go up as well as down (unlikely but still possible)
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

i know the results are out on the 7th but does anyone know what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Midday today by the looks of things:

http://news.eircom.net/national/16596484/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Levine6900

<snip>

Personal abuse isn't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Went up in Geog from a c1 to a b2 anyway :)

JUSTICE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

How did everyone find out their results? I've heard nothing yet so I presume my grade hasn't changed.

Omg omg omg I got my English upgraded to an A1 which means I got a grand total of 600 points in the LC!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    Omg omg omg I got my English upgraded to an A1 which means I got a grand total of 600 points in the LC!

Muchos congratulatos.

Does this change anything RE your current college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GALWAY GIRLEEN

I went from an A2 to an A1 n biology, delighted.....i missed science teachin in UL by 5 pts(460 nd i had 455) but now i hav 465....wat happens now wit offers??????????????????????????wen do i know???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How do I find out or check?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Fad wrote: »
    Muchos congratulatos.

Does this change anything RE your current college?

if memory serves me correctly piste got 718 and needed 720 for medicine ucd. The A1 gives piste 720.......but that's just from the back of beyonds of my long-term memory..so buyer beware

I went from an A2 to an A1 n biology, delighted.....i missed science teachin in UL by 5 pts(460 nd i had 455) but now i hav 465....wat happens now wit offers??????????????????????????wen do i know???????????

i think they keep a place for you next year even if points go to say 470 next year

If someone has dropped out of the course this year it's worth asking if you can start now but most colleges are reluctant i think because you have missed the start of the course

pathway33 wrote: »
    if memory serves me correctly piste got 718 and needed 720 for medicine ucd. The A1 gives piste 720.......but that's just from the back of beyonds of my long-term memory..so buyer beware

That's pretty amazing that you remembered that! That's pretty much my exact situation, except UCD went down an entire point in the 3rd round so I think I might be offered it for next year. I'm happy in RCSI now as I'm in 1st med and UCD would put me into premed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GALWAY GIRLEEN

im repeatin at the moment....wat happens if i keep the place for next yr....nd decide to apply again for somethin different on the cao again.....its soooooo confusin right now...

ok if i get the offer for this yr, do u think i should go now or defer for nxt yr?????ur opinion:confused:

That's pretty amazing that you remembered that! That's pretty much my exact situation, except UCD went down an entire point in the 3rd round so I think I might be offered it for next year. I'm happy in RCSI now as I'm in 1st med and UCD would put me into premed.

Cos you got 600 you could get the 5 year course, well that's what Bythewoods left me thinking (Not entirely sure), you could inquire if you get an offer?

im repeatin at the moment....wat happens if i keep the place for next yr....nd decide to apply again for somethin different on the cao again.....its soooooo confusin right now...

ok if i get the offer for this yr, do u think i should go now or defer for nxt yr?????ur opinion:confused:

I don't know if this result is passed onto the CAO and they tell the college you now have the points to get in. I wouldn't wait around anyway waiting for stuff to come in the post. I'd ring the CAO and college in the morning and find out the procedure.

You could email the CAO and college now if you like in case you can't get through on the phone tomorrow.

I'd reserve my place for next year anyway.

Unless you have changed your mind about the course I'd take it now if offered. Won't you save a bit on fees anyway?

Then if you cant start the course this year at least you can change your mind in the 2010 CAO if you want.

pretty amazing

Could you say that again please because I like the tingling feeling i got :D

pathway33 wrote: »
    Could you say that again please because I like the tingling feeling i got :D

*raises one eyebrow*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

I've lost/can't find my PIN code. Tbh I don't even know what I'm looking for. Were the PINs given out in letters or one sheet of paper or forms or what?!

Where/What/When the PINs were given out would help alot! cheers

Advertisement