Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecks: Anyone sure they will go up after viewing papers?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Fad wrote: »
    *raises one eyebrow*

got the feeling in my arm if you must know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GALWAY GIRLEEN

i rang nd i wont know if its for this yr or nxt yr till i get my offer tomorrow........that was what they told me.....!!!!!! confusing S**t:confused:

i rang nd i wont know if its for this yr or nxt yr till i get my offer tomorrow........that was what they told me.....!!!!!! confusing S**t:confused:

and do you still want to do that course?

YAY just afraid id b v far behind....could i catch up if i worked hard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Cos you got 600 you could get the 5 year course, well that's what Bythewoods left me thinking (Not entirely sure), you could inquire if you get an offer?

Well my friend got 8A1s and only got premed, I think they only give people 1st med if they have 3 sciences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    Well my friend got 8A1s and only got premed, I think they only give people 1st med if they have 3 sciences.

:eek:

You could ask?

It makes no difference to me :)

But if you have any interest in doing to it, you could always look into it, also premed? Dont want to do TY again :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How do I find out or check?:confused:

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Anyone?
    My friend got hers by calling her old school. The schools post them out today so you should get it in the post tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

:eek:

You could ask?

It makes no difference to me :)

But if you have any interest in doing to it, you could always look into it, also premed? Dont want to do TY again :P?

Oh no I don't waqnt to move! I really like RCSI and I'm settling in there, I also don't want to do premed, hard and all as 1st year is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Oh no I don't waqnt to move! I really like RCSI and I'm settling in there, I also don't want to do premed, hard and all as 1st year is!

You've sold out Piste.....

What would happen if you somehow got offered TCD? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

im doing applied physics in ul and we have some of the same modules as the science teaching crowd if its physics and chemistry teaching you want you would be a bit far behind in physics but with chemistry you would catch up no bother as we haven't covered much, but im sure you could catch up if you put the work in but i dont know how much work you would have to do. hope this helps

Even if you can't catch up, the worst position you would be in is to repeat 1st next year, and surely that would be better than going in fresh next year. You could get a job then next year and you'd have loads of money :D.

If you get offered the course this year you should go down to a few lectures anyway and speak to the lecturers. I'm sure they'd be more than accomodating to give you notes you've missed.

Lots of first years won't even know where the library is yet. If you work hard I'd say you would definitely catch up.

Post a thread on the college forum you might be going to and see can you get more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Awesome, I went up to an A1 in Biology.

10 extra points, which I don't need... :D

thanks everyone for your help.....i wil get an offer 2morro nd ill let u know how it goes.....i think physics would b the most thing i would hav to catch up in.....sickenin tho that i missed a full month because a corrector couldnt spend an extra 5mins on a paper......biology is supposed to b an easy paper to correct caus u get either right or wrong......thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Biology seems to have been corrected very badly this year, mine seemed to have been corrected by someone who's never even seen a biology book and several others I've spoken to have said the same.

You've sold out Piste.....

What would happen if you somehow got offered TCD? :rolleyes:

I'd probably still stay in RCSI to be honest, I'm nice and comfortable here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'd probably still stay in RCSI to be honest, I'm nice and comfortable here!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :D

UCD sent me a letter offering me Medicine and €1,200...it was really hard to turn them down, but they only offered me the 6 year course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

They offered you moneys?!
    Is that the entrance scholarship thingy, yeah?

Hmmm, so you're sticking it out in RCSI then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement