Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel leaving oasis

Options
  • 28-08-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

just seen on sky news . Breaking news : noel gallagher is to leave oasis. he cant work with liam anymore . such a shame. him and liam are the life and soul of the band . even though in my opinion i think noel is better than liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Most over rated band ever....fact. Thank god for this news

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

This about the 100th time Noel has left Oasis...and he cites the same reason everytime. They'll be back together soon enough....nice publicity for the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

I reckon this is really it, Liam and Noel really seem to hate each other. Not in a public way, they dont talk at all, only see each other on stage etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Luckily I saw them live this summer for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

It's rumoured Lady GaGa will be replacing him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

They haven't really done much of merit since "(What's the story) morning glory?". And that was a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

It's hardly John leaving the beatles, no wait...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

sickened:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

In fairness, Oasis' moment in the sun has passed imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

while I've always been 'aware' of Oasis, I didn't pay them much heed (since Definitely Maybe) until recently when I used to listen to the Russell Brand Radio 2 show, where Noel was a constant fixture and the stuff since (and including) the Importance of Being Idle, imho, was some of their best stuff......Falling Down etc are all excellent songs..........how long will Oasis last without Noely Noely.........I'm sure he has a very successful solo career ahead of him......in the past 2 or so years, they always reminded me of The Commitments (not the 'we're black and we're proud' side of things, but the fact that I imagined them kicking nine kinds of sh!te out of one another backstage!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

deadhead13 wrote: »
    They haven't really done much of merit since "(What's the story) morning glory?". And that was a long time ago.

Completely over the top statement, you've obviously never even heard The Masterplan or even Heathen Chemistry (featuring one of Oasis' best songs to date "Songbird").

Really hope this isn't the last straw, some people say Noel is better(which I would agree with) but Oasis needs him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

if he goes the band are finished

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

I used to be a big Oasis fan, However Be Here Now and Standing on The Shoulder of Giants didnt cut it for me.
    I did like the 2005 record. I hated their latest album thought it was absoulte puck!

However at the Slane Concert, Noel introduced their drummer as their 5th and final drummer. I thought that was a bit strange....I thought the end must be close, maybe they planning on wrapping up and just decided to call a halt early.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

Yawn. Yet another desperate publicity stunt from the poor man's Beatles. Wait for the "reconciliation" and the "comeback" tour and album.

Why are people taken in by such rubbish?

Regards,

Fnergg

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

They have run their course thats it....Noel will have huge solo career 5/10 years from now a lucrative reunion. The first two maybe 3 albums where class .A real rags to riches story (get rich become dickheads).I seen them in cork many years ago and later in Marley park great gigs. very few bands can match what they achieved. but in the latter years it was just oasis rehashed....I know its happened before but I really think this time its the end..the best quote goes to Noel describing Liam as "A man with a fork in a world of soup".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I saw a picture of Lima wearing leopardskin loafers recently.

I support Noel and accept that there is only so much a man can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

People who say that this is a publicity stunt want their heads examined. Oasis don’t really need the publicity in fairness every date on their Dig Out Your Soul tour was a sell out 3 nights at Wembley a sell out Slane show, 3 nights at Heaten Park hardly seems like they need the publicity does it. They are also not going to give up the remanding sell out dates on their tour (Paris, Milan Germany etc etc) and loose all that cash and risk being sued by promoters for publicity are they. Mabe the band will get back together although this time I doubt it, but I still don’t think any of this was planned.

Whether or not you like oasis they have contributed dearly to the modern music scene, there would be a lot of bands and musicians that wouldn’t be around now if it wasn’t for them. For me the represent what rock n roll is all about 3 chords and the truth. Sure they have made some crappy records what band hasn’t but they have made some great ones too even excluding the first two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Fnergg wrote: »
    Yawn. Yet another desperate publicity stunt from the poor man's Beatles. Wait for the "reconciliation" and the "comeback" tour and album.

Why are people taken in by such rubbish?

Regards,

Fnergg

He has never actually left the band before.Thats the difference...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

No loss to the world , anyone i have met who likes them knows sweet feck all about music , liam = worst vocalist ever, noel = most over rated guitarist and musician ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone i have met who likes them knows sweet feck all about music

teach us o' wise one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

No loss to the world , anyone i have met who likes them knows sweet feck all about music , liam = worst vocalist ever, noel = most over rated guitarist and musician ever.

Funny Paul McCartney ,Pete Townsend, Paul Weller have all expressed themselves as avid Oasis fans, but your right what the f*uck do any of them know about music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlUOvVSm5M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Fnergg wrote: »
    the poor man's Beatles.

Absolute bull....
    liam = worst vocalist ever, noel = most over rated guitarist and musician ever.

More of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I saw them in 2005, they really are/were excellent live. I love Morning Glory and Champagne Supernova, the last two full tracks from (What's The Story) Morning Glory?. I haven't heard their latest album, which I doubt will be the last. Noel will be lured back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Funny Paul McCartney ,Pete Townsend, Paul Weller have all expressed themselves as avid Oasis fans, but your right what the f*uck do any of them know about music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlUOvVSm5M
    re-read my post , i said people i have met not famous people , anyone i have met when playing gigs that asked me to play oasis were all yobs without 2 brain cells to rub together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I saw them at Cardiff Millennium Stadium in June for the first time and was really impressed (minus all the Valley chavs that they attracted). I did notice the lack of interaction between the band and between band and audience. They didnt disappoint though.

Not sure if Noel will go solo. He is on record in saying what he does (or did, rather) atm is the limit of his musical and creative capability. I dont think he can even read music. Fair enough they are no Floyd or Zepellin or whatever but they never claimed to be.

You cant deny that Definately Maybe is up there with the greatest debuts ever.

So why do people have a problem with them? There are plenty more bands out there with their heads truly shoved up their @rses but totally lacking in conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not sure if Noel will go solo. He is on record in saying what he does (or did, rather) atm is the limit of his musical and creative capability. I dont think he can even read music. Fair enough they are no Floyd or Zepellin or whatever but they never claimed to be.
    What's that got to do with anything? An awful lot of bands/songwriters can't read music. I play the guitar but can't read music, you don't need to, not in the proper sense. Tabs are a simplified way to read music.

As for Oasis splitting up, is anybody really surprised? It's been a long time coming. They're past their best anyway so it's no loss really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I still like Noel G and am glad that he left the band. Liam is a right tool. Just look at the wee "interview" of him from the recent NME cover shoot on NME.com, he is an absolute knob and a bit of a scumbag.

Even when I fell out of love with Oasis I still liked reading Noel's interviews and seeing him talk on tv cause he is a very funny man, he should go into comedy if he thinks all his music capabilities are sapped. I hope he sticks to his guns with this walk out though I know they will definitely reunite at some point, he'll hardly have an Ian Brown ant-reformation attitude. He'll relax and have enough time away from his spanner of a brother and will take the money when the time comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

have to laugh at everyone sayin oasis were cráp...what a joke...there's not too many bands left that have the rock and roll attitude and swagger (or songwriting skills) that Oasis had. There are too many novelty art student wannabie bands out there at the moment. Oasis were all about the music, not elaborate stage productions and baloons on stage. As for clowns in inferior bands giving oasis abuse are they for real???? they don't have the talent to even restring one of Noel's guitar FFS...

on the liam thing.. i cannot underestimate the importance of Liam Gallagher's influence on the band. I was/am an admirer of Liam. I thought he was funny, energetic and generally a great front man (he used to be a good singer also.)

I don;t think Oasis would be as big without him...who know's, Noel's songs might not have even seen the light of day had he not joined Liam's band...
    Noel is the talented one in the band...he has wrote some classics...tbh some of his b sides are better than today's "bright young things" a-sides.....

i'll miss oasis... Noel and Liam always wore their heart on their sleeve in interviews etc unlike the new bands of today... I reckon Noel and Liam will have their own projects in the coming years... and i look forward to them...

Advertisement