Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel leaving oasis

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

No loss to the world , anyone i have met who likes them knows sweet feck all about music , liam = worst vocalist ever, noel = most over rated guitarist and musician ever.

and what bands do you like???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Love them or hate them you gotta love their interviews.

Saw this on a show the other day and thought it was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

mada999 wrote: »
    There are too many novelty art student wannabie bands out there at the moment. Oasis were all about the music, not elaborate stage productions and baloons on stage. As for clowns in inferior bands giving oasis abuse are they for real???? they don't have the talent to even restring one of Noel's guitar FFS...

And lets see if any of these 'technically superior' bands will stand the test of time like Oasis will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Oasis are over they havent been great the last few years and the last cd was terrible

Noel could do well as a songwriter and with a solo career maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Oasis were a class act and will end up being placed with the best. However Liam would have never made it without the talent of Noel. When I have seen them Liam has not been a great front man, in Cork he sat on the edge of the stage and refused to sing !!!!. I feel Noel could have picked loads of frontmen to do as good a job as Liam has done for the band, however the last few years he has become a liability to the music, he is a asshole. Noel hopefully can carry on and create some great music again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Oasis splitting up is the worst thing to happen in music at the moment. One of the few great big bands left, and what are we left with, muck like kings of leon. Noel is the genius behind oasis, his songs provided the platform behind their success. They would still be a small Manchester band if he never joined the band. I don't blame Noel for getting fed up of Liam. Noel is a down to earth man whereas Liam is a up own his arse schoolboy.

A noel solo album post-oasis is going to have great expectations, hope it can live up to the expectations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

and what bands do you like???
    Ozzy Ozbourne , Slayer , pantera , testement, steve vai, joe satriani, pink floyd , metallica, RATM, soundgarden, Sepultura , iron maiden, killswitchy engage , etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Ozzy Ozbourne , Slayer , pantera , testement, steve vai, joe satriani, pink floyd , metallica, RATM, soundgarden, Sepultura , iron maiden, killswitchy engage , etc.

Let's just hope Noel's solo career doesn't end up like Chris Cornell's...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So all forward looking bands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Liam Gallagher the worlds oldest knacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

You're Kewl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

i say meh to all these bands... at least you can hear oasis' lyrics.....
    i don't like the genre that most of those bands are from, you prob don't like the genre that oasis are from so there's no point giving out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

i say meh to all these bands... at least you can hear oasis' lyrics.....
    i don't like the genre that most of those bands are from, you prob don't like the genre that oasis are from so there's no point giving out...

Aye , were all different at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Its quite clear you like different music. If any of the above bands who are still together, broke up or died, do you think any oasis fans would be even posting here let alone even care about any of them. I feckin cant stand people like you, who like a certain type of music and think everything else is sh1t. Its close minded.
    Me personally I like music of any type. I don't really like many bands but I like lots of songs over a wide spectrum. Jesus, even Take Thats greatest days of our lives is a good song.
    Music is for everyone. If young ones get a kick out of westlife or britney and their songs mean something to them should we knock them for that?
    On Oasis. They were the greatest Rock'nRoll band of the last 20 years. No one has yet taken over from them and it will be a long time before we are talking about another great band 20 years after they have formed. Concert sales are now what you can base your fan base on and I don't think many would come anywhere close to what Oasis pulled in on a tour.
    As well, just because some of the crowd are so called yobs, does that mean they know nothing about music?

ps I like all the bands you have listed above too!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

So Noels` left the band...again! I sometimes I have to work hard to remind myself of why I still love this band so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dave Total

Noel will be back, he always is. Not only that if he doesn't rejoin the band, their mum will be upset at christmas dinner!

Advertisement