Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis have split up!

• 28-08-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

just announced, the brothers have had enough and have parted ways! i think everyone knew it was about to happen!

noel released a statement:
    "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

source

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Today is my favourite day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puma89

Glad I finally saw them at Slane this year before they split.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

in fairness they should have split after whats the story, at least then they would go down as legends, everything since that album has been well below par.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Today is my favourite day :D

-Favourite day high-five-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I liked their earlier stuff and their live show at Rock Werchter this year was tremendous fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

in fairness they should have split after whats the story, at least then they would go down as legends, everything since that album has been well below par.

I agree, I am not a fan, but their position in rock history will not be denied thanks to Whats the story. But they never went beyond that point and i think that for most of their work after this was just generic Oasis.

Its weird to think of the britpop showdown, who's the best Oasis v Blur. At least Blur did progress, Albarn and Coxon in particular. maybe finally its time for Noel to move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I saw them live during the summer and they were rubbish, in my opinion, although I can't really blame them since they didn't give a crap anymore, and didn't care if it showed. They did have sound cuts, which must have been frustrating, but even taking that into account they were purely riding on the glory of their early albums. I'm happy for them that they called it a day, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Delighted. Fukkin hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

Awesome... I'm glad they'll be putting us out of our misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Aw :(

- I was waiting for either Gobshíte to shoot the other twice in the face and then overdose on something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So how many times does this make it that one or the other walked out and was "never" coming back?

He will be back again at some stage. And with his return will come the usual talk of how the time apart recharged the batteries and how they now have learned to co-exit.

The press will lap it up and laud it as a defining moment for music as a "legendary" band reforms and will hype up whatever rubbish they are releasing at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Bound to happen IMO, the Gallaghers always had a volatile relationship.

Anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Have they a Greatest Hits album coming out or what??
    Only 1 step up the ladder from the Louis Walsh brigade at generating column inches with crap news.
    Last month it was that they spent 1m on drugs.. Who gives a f*ck.

Would be delighted if I thought this was end of them but they will be back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

At last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Noel is a plank/wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Thank the good Lord :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Noel is a plank/wanker.

You've mixed him up with Lian. I thought Noel was grand, but Liam.... Hated him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Kess73 wrote: »
    He will be back again at some stage. And with his return will come the usual talk of how the time apart recharged the batteries and how they now have learned to co-exit.

Next time round they'll both quit at the same time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Undergod wrote: »
    Next time round they'll both quit at the same time :D

That will teach me to check what I type. :D

Damn that "s" for running out on me. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

If I read this topic 10 years ago I would be suprised,they are muck nowadays,definitely maybe and whats the story morning glory where good,and then they turned crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Not my thing at all, but I have to admit they weren't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Jay P wrote: »
    You've mixed him up with Lian. I thought Noel was grand, but Liam.... Hated him.

Nope......Noel was the wanker.....Liam was ok, a bit tempremental though.....but cool.

Nope......Noel was the wanker.....Liam was ok, a bit tempremental though.....but cool.

Nah, any interview I've ever read of him, he's full of himself and saying how he's the greatest lyricist of all time. Plus there's the thing of how he walked off tour to go shopping for houses. I'd like Oasis much more if Liam wan't around.

Though apparently Noel is going to do some solo work which I look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Who gives a sh*t bar anyone with their heads still stuck in the 1990's?!

And what the hell is this doing under the 'Rock/Metal' umbrella?! Since when were they 'Rock/Metal'?! Pop, Britpop, useless more like...

DazMarz wrote: »

And what the hell is this doing under the 'Rock/Metal' umbrella?! Since when were they 'Rock/Metal'?! Pop, Britpop, useless more like...

Oasis classify themselves as a rock band don't they? And what's wrong with being stuck in the 90's? I'm pretty much stuck in the 80's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Oasis classify themselves as a rock band don't they? And what's wrong with being stuck in the 90's? I'm pretty much stuck in the 80's!

Yeah, they class THEMSELVES as... Doesn't mean they actually are

The 80's rules!!!

The 90's sucked... bad.

DazMarz wrote: »

Well they've been satirically called a Beatles tribute band and they were rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Jay P wrote: »
    Well they've been satirically called a Beatles tribute band and they were rock.
    LOL

Noel is a plank/wanker.

You mean a planker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

so there is a god!!!

Advertisement