Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting new people in Carlow

Options
  • 28-08-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any ideas for meeting new people in the county? I'm new to the area and I know I need to get involved if I'm gonna meet new people. I'm interested in joining clubs/societies etc, any suggestions which are good for meeting new people? :rolleyes: Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Let me introduce you to my friend Mordeth. The captain, we call him.

Yar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cwlad

hit the foundry or the tower saturday night in carlow town yal be sure to find pepole there haha

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

cwlad wrote: »
    hit the foundry or the tower saturday night in carlow town yal be sure to find pepole there haha

but ya hardly going to go there by yourself now are ya!?! dont think it was really what the op was looking for:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

theres been a few threads on this the last while also.
    the best way i found to meet new people is to go to the boards events, wel the carlow orgainised ones have all been good i must say and met some great people also

honeybee7 wrote: »
    Any ideas for meeting new people in the county? I'm new to the area and I know I need to get involved if I'm gonna meet new people. I'm interested in joining clubs/societies etc, any suggestions which are good for meeting new people? :rolleyes: Thanks

the lads do astrotuef also every tuesday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

patrickc wrote: »
    the lads do astrotuef also every tuesday night

Yes, yes we do :) People are always welcome. Easiest thing to do is to check the Carlow page on a tuesday - we usually find out numbers then and say if its on or not (sometimes if the rain it terrible or we don't have numbers we don't play).

So check it out - tis good craic (except when I'm losing and take the game to seriously :p)

Also the carlow boards events are good (was drinking in the pub one night they had one - they seemed to be having fun haha).

Carlow isn't the most exciting place ever but it really is what you make of it. Can be as interesting or boring as you make it.

Is it work or college that brings you here?? Because clearly one will make things a hell of a lot easier to meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Will be organising a go kart event for the end of september too - gonna get figures and dates this week, should come along - should be a laugh(with my driving anyway :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

the go karting seems really fun :) i might tag along if its ok

the go karting seems really fun :) i might tag along if its ok

the more than merrier pixie-fairy

Hugo will do a poll etc soon he says

Advertisement