Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue frenulum.

• 29-08-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hello :)

I've been wanting to get a new piercing for awhile now and I think I'm gonna go with tongue frenulum.

Any one have it done? Insights? Tips? etc? I really like it, think its prob more me than going for the obvious oral piercing! Kinda terrified it might make my tongue fall off tho :eek:

Thanks a million :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

it's a very simple piercing to do so i'm told, you just need enough frenulum. Slight pinch and your done with minor swelling as long as you stick to the after care advice i.e no drinking etc for the first few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

one of the easiest piercings ive had,the actual piercing part was no bother,not much pain and barely felt it,mine healed pretty much straight away and never once had a problem with it,i only took it out because it was giving me gum recession on the teeth closest to it so id watch out for that personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

ah thats great :) thanks a mill guys for replying!

getting in done in cork, anyone know are tattoo zoo still doing piercings? i've heard bad things bout the raven and red dragon so i don't know where to get it done :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Tattoo Zoo are still doing piercings. The piercers name is Noel, lovely fella. I'd recommend them personally. Haven't heard a bad word about em. Check out http://www.tattoozoo.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

I got mine done over in Camden when I was 16 or 17 I think, I'm 21 now and it's still there, I know some people have it migrate and fall out but that obviously wasn't a problem for me, heh.

The piercing itself isn't that painful, quick sharp pain like any other. But oh god, right after I got it done the whole area under my tongue got so swollen, so quickly. Made sure to do the whole saline thing of course but the swelling is not pleasant. Also I got mine done with a ring and although it was definetly large enough to accomodate swelling, it would still get slightly stuck and sore.

Also, I get a build up on mine and have to clean it frequently to avoid irritating the piercing. Not a big thing, just have to look after it.

Other than that though, it's a lovely little piercing and not in people's faces. People see the odd flash of metal now and then but rarely has anyone actually noticed and said anything to me.

Best of luck. (:

Oh oh, also. I'd recommend Tattoo Zoo down in Cork. I'm a Dubliner but got a piercing done there before and it healed flawlessly, the place was clean and the staff were lovely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement