Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

500g pasta 22c, 2 litres milk 1.09@ supervalu

• 29-08-2009 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

they sell a few kinds of cheap pasta. they all contain the same ingredients but are shaped differently. the pasta quills are 3 times cheaper than the pasta twirls. its in white and blue plastic packaging

this is their normal price and its the cheapest pasta Ive seen anywhere. even cheaper per 100g than tesco brand 2.5kg bags.
    I have a cupboard loaded with them.

they keep the 1.09 2litre milk in a separate area to all the other milks. It tastes fine, good quality. alot of other shops are selling it but for around 1.45, they usually have signs outside for it. most of the supermarkets have reduced their own brand milks to 1.55 but 1.09 is a real bargain.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

1.09 for 2l is a shockingly good price, about 86p in old money. Can anyone remember 2l milk being that cheap?
    Which Supervalu is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

malk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

snubbleste wrote: »
    1.09 for 2l is a shockingly good price, about 86p in old money. Can anyone remember 2l milk being that cheap?
    Which Supervalu is this?

its just down from USIT, near o connell bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭askU

snubbleste wrote: »
    about 86p in old money. Can anyone remember 2l milk being that cheap?

ah f*** we're in da euro with a long time...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Since the day I realised there was no valid reason to always have milk in the house, I don't have it, unless I have a cat or puppy.

Proprietary breakfast cereals eg cornflakes that require milk are, generally, inherently unhealthy (and disgusting to me anyway).

Tea / coffee tastes better without milk.

Cheese and yoghurt are excellent dairy products and have a reasonably long shelf-life.

I don't understand the obsession with always having milk in the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Supervalu milk tastes rank. Better off getting Dunnes or Lidl/Aldi milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I don't understand the obsession with always having milk in the fridge.

beer, milk & tea. It's not an obsession, just staples!! Still a bargin, good find OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

That pasta (the dirt cheap stuff) is rank, it tastes like rubber.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    That pasta (the dirt cheap stuff) is rank, it tastes like rubber.

learn to cook.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Supervalu milk tastes rank. Better off getting Dunnes or Lidl/Aldi milk.

no its fine, american milk, now that tastes weird.

Im a big milk drinker, Im on a little break now but i usually drink 2-3litres a day. did 4-5litres a day back when I was 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

learn to cook.

I do know how to cook. More expensive pasta does have a better texture to it (can't believe I just said that), this stuff is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

No pasta connoisseur here but i get the dunnes 49c pasta and its grand.Better "texture" than the super-valu pasta I imagine:D

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I do know how to cook. More expensive pasta does have a better texture to it (can't believe I just said that), this stuff is horrible.

It needs a few mins longer cooking. Ive made nice pasta salad with it and it was fine.

Advertisement