Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comforting Dreams

Options
  • 29-08-2009 6:19am

Do you ever have a dream that just makes you feel.. Well, comfortable, for lack of a better word.

For the last week or so, I've been having a very similar dream over and over, and when I wake up I can remember it as clear as though it actually happened in real life.

In the dream, me and my brother are driving somewhere, nowhere in particular that I know of, and during our drive, we have to pass through a really small town. It seems really American. There's essentially only one small B&B and only three or four other buildings around. I remember there's a 24 hour 'Gas Station' across the road from the B&B, and then another few stores of which I don't know what they are.

anyway, there's a busy motorway-kinda road leading through this town, but as we approach it, it gets insanely snowy and it becomes so bad that we can no longer travel by road, and essentially everyone passing the town is stuck in it. We park the car in the car park beside the B&B, book a room and go into it. Then I tend to wander about the lobby of the B&B for a while. There's always a lot of girls sitting around doing nothing of note. It actually kinda reminds me of a Final Fantasy game place.

I eventually go back to the room to my brother, we get bored and I decide to go and bring something back to the room to pass time. I've noticed this part of the dream seems to change though. I know one time I go out to the car and decide to bring in my backpack which has a laptop in it so we can watch films on it, and another time I think i went across to the petrol station across the road to get some sweets to eat. I've been having the same dream for a while, but those are the only two things i can remember doing.

I never make it back to the room though. I get whatever it is I'm supposed to get and that seems to be the point where I wake up.

Thing is, it's just a really relaxed dream. There's no panic or worry or anything in it or anything. Everyone seems content to be there. There are always people walking around the B&B (which is just like a one-storey hotel) whom I say hello to. I don't know if its the snowy weather, the B&B, the people being really nice to me and relaxed or what it is, but when I wake up, i can always just lie in bed for a while thinking about it. I can't seem to figure out why I have this dream in particular. I've had it before. It seems to come and go randomly, and I just don't fully understand it. Everything seems to recognisable to me (like i say, some of it reminds me of a final fantasy game, the girls seem familiar too sometimes, though in the dream i dont know them). It's really odd.

But anyway, are there any kind of dreams you have that make you feel similar? You just dont have a care in the world and are generally happy? When you wake up, you wish you hadn't, or you'll try to get back to sleep to try dreaming about it again?

:)

Advertisement