Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quick important question..

• 29-08-2009 8:24am

is it bad for a car to be getting a low fuel supply?

as a quick fix, we put in a fuel pump that turned out to be too small for the engine.. is the car getting damaged by still driving it? it's very weak and has no pulling power at all. feels ok if i keep it at a steady speed in second gear around town but apart from that, shakes pretty bad.

should i stop driving it or is it just something i can live through till i get a new pump? need any e30 pump round galway so if ya have one, let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I don't honestly know what this would do to a modern, ECU controlled engine, but in the old, pre-electronic cars "running lean" was considered to be very bad for the engine as ignition timing and temperature would change, hitting the cylinder still on the upward stroke and burning too hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Whats the running temperature like?
    If the fuel-air mix is right, its probably just acting like a rev restrictor so no damage being done.

-edit- "shakes pretty bad", that would be a bad sign.

temperature heats up normal.. when i say it shakes, i mean if i put foot down and try accelerate fully, it will sort of lunge back and forth.. not violently, just as if it's runnin out of steam every second or so. when i drove it very relaxed and dont go over 2000 revs or 40 mph, you wouldnt know theres a problem.

decided im gonna bite the bullet and pay for a new pump.. plan on having car a long time cause its generally in brilliant nick so i may aswell do things right.

Advertisement