Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Consoles

Options
  • 29-08-2009 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

So I've been a PS3 gamer for three years and a Playstation gamer for over a decade.

I've come to a tough decision => Swap my PS3 for a 360.

Can anyone give any advice on this?

By the way, I'm leaving this up to the poll ;) Whatever the outcome is the outcome I'll go with!

Should I change consoles? 16 votes

Go for it!
    0% 0 votes
    Stick to your guns!
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

No point if you have loads of games for the PS3, unless you want to play some exclusive 360 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Save up and get a 360?

Pick one up second hand?

It's not that pricey these days, really.

EDIT: Ha. You didn't spend too much time waiting for an opinion:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=141728

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Save up and get a 360?

Pick one up second hand?

It's not that pricey these days, really.

EDIT: Ha. You didn't spend too much time waiting for an opinion:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=141728

Hehe, I act on impulse a lot :D

I got an iMac, I'm flat broke and I need to make a decision fast. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I have both.

There's really not much difference between them... I tend to use the PS3 more and get multi format titles for that though as the noise of the 360 does my head in.

Just got Shadow Complex for the 360 and it's brilliant, so it's the first time I've really used my 360 in some time.

Remember you'll also have to pay for Xbox Live if you want to play online... and it doesn't have wifi out of the box so you'll need to run a network cable to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, just get a cheap 360? I mean you already have the PS3 for online so just pick up a cheap 360 (with receipt if you can) and get the exclusives you want.

Sounds alot less painful than having to lose one console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bono Vox wrote: »
    Hehe, I act on impulse a lot :D

I got an iMac, I'm flat broke and I need to make a decision fast. Help!
    uhm,

dont, buy an expensive plethora of new games, maybe?

Just a thought.

I love games too but get serious there.

If anything dualboot to windows and borrow some games or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I do not understand the concept. I too have both consoles. They are far too similar to choose one over the other to be honest. Swapping them just seems silly to me. Stick with the PS3

But I need to trade the PS3 in to get the 360. I've bought a lot over the past weeks, including seven games in two weeks.

If I buy a 360 it means I have a spending problem. I will get a PS3 if I do end up swapping, most probably a Slim as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You could always... you know... wait a while. The 360 will still be around if you wait and save up to buy a second-hand one at a later date.

Bono Vox wrote: »
    But I need to trade the PS3 in to get the 360. I've bought a lot over the past weeks, including seven games in two weeks.

If I buy a 360 it means I have a spending problem. I will get a PS3 if I do end up swapping, most probably a Slim as well :D

There is no point swapping one for the other, particularly this year, considering that the PS3 line-up is arguably better than the 360 for the next 6 months.

• Advertisement

Yeah, well I've decided against and am gonna keep my PS3 for a little while longer!

You obviously saw some really good games for the 360, and no doubt there is. Wait till you can afford both, as it really is pointless swapping one for the other.

Advertisement