Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration fee

Options
  • 29-08-2009 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

It says that if you are eligable for a grant you only have ot pay 157 euros not the full grant.

I am getting student finance and student loan, does that mean i will only have to pay the full 157 or will i have to pay the full amount.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

logic123 wrote: »
    It says that if you are eligable for a grant you only have ot pay 157 euros not the full grant.

I am getting student finance and student loan, does that mean i will only have to pay the full 157 or will i have to pay the full amount.

You only have to pay €157.00 if the grant provider also pays the supplementary €1,500.00 fee. An example of the grant provider that does this is the "Higher education maintenance grant scheme". Click here to see the "Student Finance" website to check your eligability for a maintenance grant and if your are eligable to get your supplemenatary charge paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Hi logic,

I think you will have to pay the full whack - it's basically a deferred loan you're getting from the UK government, am I right?

Or are you getting a means-tested grant you won't have to pay back?

If you have to pay it back when you start earning then I'd say you'll have to pay the full registration fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

As far as I know, if you have applied for a grant from a local authority in Ireland and they confirm they will pay your registration, then you only have to pay the 157eur, but otherwise I think you will have to pay the full 1500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Ohh yeah, I have one question about the registration fee, I paid using a bank giro form yesterday, how will I know that the translation went though sucessfully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

basically this is money that i dont have to pay back, its a means tested thing. Its ok if i have to pay the full wack i have enough cash for it. However im asking the uni if they can wait a few weeks until i can pay the accomocation fee as my student finance is not processed yet (they forgot about my application LOL)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 acm

its 157.50 not 157. i made that mistake, paid 157 and still owe them 50 cents, but laser cards have a minimum payment of 10 euros so i have to go down to the student desk and pay them 50 cents....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JoeyH

logic123 wrote: »
    basically this is money that i dont have to pay back, its a means tested thing. Its ok if i have to pay the full wack i have enough cash for it. However im asking the uni if they can wait a few weeks until i can pay the accomocation fee as my student finance is not processed yet (they forgot about my application LOL)

I'm getting a scholarship and I wont be getting it till the end of September. I rang accommodation to explain this and I was told that if I bring proof that I will be getting it they should let me pay late.

You should ring them to let them know about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mc8755

Has anyone else ordered a Giro to pay and NOT gotten it yet??!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

mc8755 wrote: »
    Has anyone else ordered a Giro to pay and NOT gotten it yet??!:confused:
    mine took 5 buz days to arrive.

Advertisement