Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63 won't hold wireless settings?

• 29-08-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi all..

I have a new nokia E63 and it's driving me nuts, it won't hold wep keys. Haven't tried wpa. I go between two networks so far, and it does the same for both. What's happening is that every time it goes to connect, even automatically to sync emails, it asks me to select wlan network, then when I select the one that has been entered before, makes me re-enter the wep key. I have gone in to where the networks are specified (tools, settings, connection, access points) and re-entered the keys just in case I did something wrong the first time, but it's still happening. I also uninstalled the 3 email app thinking that it might be causing problems, as it was the one trying to pull in the email and continually bringing up the dialogue even when the phone was not in use. It's still happening.

Someone please tell me there's a way around this :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

I've the same problem on my N95 8GB. Anyone worked out how to solve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

corglass wrote: »
    I've the same problem on my N95 8GB. Anyone worked out how to solve this?

At least we're not alone, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Will do delete the defined access point completely. Then go create a new access point, scan, enter the wep and start browsing. Make sure you get the 'new access point defined' message

Davy wrote: »
    Will do delete the defined access point completely. Then go create a new access point, scan, enter the wep and start browsing. Make sure you get the 'new access point defined' message

Have done so, Davy, will let you know if it works.

Also, I did what I thought was turning off automatic wifi network search (settings, connection, wireless lan, set show wlan availability to never) but it still shows up all the neighbours networks. The wifi settings on this thing are really bothering me, and it's a real shame, I love the phone otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Sorry to hijack the thread,but is there any way to increase the text size on the e63,as i find texts hard to read.Thanks:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

manta356 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread,but is there any way to increase the text size on the e63,as i find texts hard to read.Thanks:(

No need to hijack, your thread is still on the main page :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055665717

I don't want to count any chickens before they're hatched, but haven't been asked since...

Ok, so the situation has drastically improved, but still isn't 100%. I deleted all the access points and manually added the two networks in question rather than allowing the phone to find them and saving them. I named them something different from the network name, eg, Home Wifi instead of Netgear. Now, when I go into the networked application, I choose Home Wifi and it doesn't ask me.

However! Some applications (maps, google search) don't see Home Wifi - they see Netgear. If I select Netgear, I'm asked for the key again :( I'm pretty much avoiding those apps because I don't want to go down that route. It's a bit of a crazy set up, I have to say!

Advertisement