Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for credit card

Options
  • 29-08-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

my bank for my laser card is Permanent TSB. Now, I have applied for a credit card(ICE) 2 weeks ago. When I came from holidays this week I found a letter in my post box that I did not meet the terms&conditions for a credit card.

How will I be able to get one?
    I started my new full time job nearly 2 months ago. I am with my bank since a year.

Thanks for your help in advance.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You dont need to get a credit card from the bank you have your current account. 2 months is a very short time in the banks eyes.

Do you need it for the credit, or for the visa for online use? If so you could use Visa debit, with halifax or soon on Ulster banks current accounts. Accepted worldwide anywhere visa is.

If you do want the credit card try some other providers. MBNA might be a good place to start. Let them know that you are willing to have a low credit limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Its only for online use in general because every time I wanna order things online ie amazon I cant do it because my Laser card(maestro) doesnt have a issue number. Via debit sounds good. I try both! Thanks a lot!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hello janine. Im presuming you are in sligo :)

I closed my account with PTSB on o'connell street because i wanted a visa debit from halifax. Go into the halifax on grattan street and they will give you a visa debit within a week of opening a current account. Bring a utility bill and photo id. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You can apply anywhere else. They may (probably will) want to see statements of your account so they can assess your suitability but it's definitely possible to have our account with bank X and your credit card with bank Y.

• Advertisement
Advertisement