Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration

Options
  • 29-08-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi

I only got my offer y'day and still haven't got my letter re registration from UCD - does this mean all the 'good' modules will be gone and I'll get stuck with a crappy timetable or whats the story? :(

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

well it depends on what course you are doing. If it is Arts then prehaps. However if it is another course your modules will be registered for already. To register log on to UCD connect 09****** i.e your CAO no and your password is dd/mm/yy. Then go on to SIS which is located in the my records tab and you can register from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I can't register yet, it's telling me my post acceptance something or other isn't complete.

I only accepted the offer y'day so I probably won't get the letter till Monday.

I'm doing actuarial and financial studies, so will most of my modules be preselected?

Also, electives - my understanding is they are classes that aren't related to your course - am I right? And are they compulsory?

Sorry for the stupid questions - I went to school in the north and this is all new to me!

Ah I know a few actuaries in second year. I think you will be registered for most of your tutorials not sure about lectures, most of your modules are pre-selected. Yes you can pick electives inside your course or outside i.e a medicine module. You pick two for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Okay grand.

thanks for your help, I'm totally lost when it comes to all this!

I wouldn't worry it will all fall into place for you in a weeks time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

yeh msslt im still waiting for my letter, hoping i can register for monday so that im registered before i go to my orientation day on wednesday. We probably wont be able to register till tommorow. Im doing neuroscience, its only a small class so hopefully most of my modules will be pre registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

you got neuroscience??? well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

yeh im really pleased, was worried that i wouldent get it becuase i had to wait until second round. Anyone else doing neuroscience.

Hehe you sound suprised, is it a hard course to get into? :)

thanks aswell :) im up onwednesday for the orientation meeting

Advertisement