Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you emigrate???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

big cities everywhere, its whats outside, the small towns and countryside that count.

ummmm, right. That was my point. Australia has nothing outside its cities. It's a desert.

One of the pleasant things I have noticed about England is just how charming pretty much all villages are. Different architerual styles, histories, churches, and always some great local pub with local ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Emigrate? Actually, I want to go back!

I left Ireland in 2007, the height of the boom, for South America. I have an easy job. I have a car and an apartment. I am 'settled'.

But, even with the so called doom and gloom in Ireland and all the negativity, I still want to return.

My family and friends think it would be crazy to go back to a recession ravished country with serious problems that will get worse before its gets better etc, etc, but I miss the people, the culture, the sense of humour.

Sure, Ireland has its problems, everywhere does. But it's home and it's a fine country.

I miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The weather? Not the countries fault. Would you like monsoons? Hurricanes? Live in a desert? Antartica?
    Wow, great comparison there!
    Going to Australia for life after my leaving, which I hope wil be July coming.
    What are you doing there?

Personally, I will be gone the moment I have the chance.

Family/Friends all over America [Cali, NY, AZ, SC, MA]

No reason to stay here with the shít weather, huge taxes, idiotic government, and countless aspects of Irish culture that should have been dropped a long, long time ago.

Did I mention shít weather?

Also, Ireland isn't exactly the most preferable web start-up hub for starting businesses. :pac:

My cousin moved to Japan 7 years ago and the only tax he pays is 5%!

Nothing like this Irish shít of taking 41% and then adding all the levees and extras the citizens can handle.

And it's not that he gets paid less that he would in Ireland - He gets paid the exact same amount [if not more] as if he was doing that job here in Ireland.

And it's the same for all jobs there.

Also, he got an iPhone which costs €609 here, for the equivalent of €65 in Japan.

1 tenth of the price... Yet the same wages.

And it's the same for all products.

Draw your own conclusions and get the hell out.

KungPao wrote: »
    Emigrate? Actually, I want to go back!

I left Ireland in 2007, the height of the boom, for South America. I have an easy job. I have a car and an apartment. I am 'settled'.

But, even with the so called doom and gloom in Ireland and all the negativity, I still want to return.

My family and friends think it would be crazy to go back to a recession ravished country with serious problems that will get worse before its gets better etc, etc, but I miss the people, the culture, the sense of humour.

Sure, Ireland has its problems, everywhere does. But it's home and it's a fine country.

I miss it :(

Sick of the cheap coke already?

And it's not that he gets paid less that he would in Ireland - He gets paid the exact same amount [if not more] as if he was doing that job here in Ireland.

And it's the same for all jobs there.

Also, he got an iPhone which costs €609 here, for the equivalent of €65 in Japan.

1 tenth of the price... Yet the same wages.

Um, right. The iPhone thing is almost certainly bollocks. you are probably comparing one without a plan, to one with a plan.

The tax rate in Japan is 5% for people earning the equivalent of 14K in Ireland. You are not comparing like with like there either. And it is not the same for all jobs there ( although the central taxation seems lighter).

by the way, live anywhere interesting in the US and you pay federal, State and city taxes. All adds up to about the same as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sick of the cheap coke already?

Actually I'm off the coke now, gave it up. It was doing bad things to me - couldn't sleep, was having dental problems, stomach pains etc.

Besides coke isn't actually that much cheaper in South America. Still works out at around €1 for a 500ml bottle

Oh, and get prepared to pay water, and property tax ( or council tax) where ever you go. That comes out of your post tax income. In the UK my house is valued at £1,200 a year, that is not just paid by me, but there are single people in the same situation (and I am merely class C, two from the top). So you have to earn that pre-tax here. Clearly that is a cost. The water is £300 a year.

In the US property tax is pretty high too.

Edit:

corrected from a week to a year ( for water)

More info on Japan. Google being my friend.

Prefectural Income Tax Rates
    Taxable Income Tax Rate
    all 4% of taxable income

Municipal Income Tax Rates
    Taxable Income Tax Rate
    all 6% of taxable income

Thats the equivalent of State and City in the US. So the minimum tax take in Japan is 15%, at that very low level.

At the equivalent of 30K you pay 32% , plus 1,800 euro (equivalent). the highest rate is
    50% + 32913 euro. Fairly high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

asdasd wrote: »

by the way, live anywhere interesting in the US and you pay federal, State and city taxes. All adds up to about the same as Ireland.

No it doesn't. And not everyone lives in cities.

Yes it does, if you include property tax which is clearly subsumed into income tax in Ireland.

It is probably cheaper to live in Sihtsville alabama than Ireland, on the same income, if you could get it. But probably not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I'd emigrate!

And it is not the same for all jobs there ( although the central taxation seems lighter).

Yes it's the same for most jobs we've discussed, and definitely for his teaching job.

And even if you were correct about that US statement - at the end of all the taxing, guess what? you've paid the same tax but you're not stuck in this shíthole.
    Papad wrote: »
    ^ This

And also, I don't have to worry about the income taxes wherever I choose to move to because of the situation I'm in.

And any other taxes/charges like the property and water - they're pretty much in Ireland anyway.

I'm just stating these ripoff facts for the benefit of people reading this - not for me.

And any other taxes/charges like the property and water - they're pretty much in Ireland anyway.

I'm just stating these ripoff facts for the benefit of people reading this - not for me.

Well, try and actually present the facts. You were wrong about the iPhone, totally wrong about tax in Japan. And we dont pay property taxes.

People who think where they live is a sh*thole are probably going to think anywhere is a sh*t hole. It tells us more about you than the place you live. particularly if you are fabricating statistics. Still, I agree with previous posters who said that people who think that Ireland is a sh*thole should leave. Any country could do without massive negativety.
    Yes it's the same for most jobs we've discussed, and definitely for his teaching job.

um, go look up the link I posted on Japanese taxes.

The colonies have more living space becuase they have less people per square metre - European cities are always going to have less space. But, yes, that is one advantage of the US, the average house in the boondocks is bigger. Probably that isnt the case in New York, or San Francisco. but its easy to build in the boondocks.

Wrong because Ireland is one of the least densely populated countries in Europe
    http://www.youreuropemap.com/europe_population_density.gif

So why is the average house size here so much smaller than in Europe bar the UK which has one of the highest population densities!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Drakmord wrote: »
    I'll be gone as soon as I'm finished my medical degree. 4 years to go :(
    Can't wait!
    Really, free education for vocationals should come with a stipulation that you work here, if work is available, for a certain period.

All that cash leeched from my payslip and once you are a qualified Doctor you won't even hang around and check out the back problems I got from carrying you through 6 years of College :(

Well, try and actually present the facts. You were wrong about the iPhone, totally wrong about tax in Japan. And we dont pay property taxes.
    Not wrong about the iPhone, not wrong about his tax, and you're apparently about to start paying property tax.
    People who think where they live is a sh*thole are probably going to think anywhere is a sh*t hole.
    Not a chance. EVERY single country I've visited I would rather live in that Ireland. [Granted I haven't exactly been to 3rd world countries yet].
    It tells us more about you than the place you live. particularly if you are fabricating statistics. Still, I agree with previous posters who said that people who think that Ireland is a sh*thole should leave.
    Fabricating - nope.

And I totally agree. If it was possible for me to leave at this age I'd be long gone and never look back.
    Any country could do without massive negativety.
    And I could well do without this country. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Most people in this thread said that they would emigrate! It's hardly a positive thing

Emigration is not about going away for a year or two to develop life skills, emigration is saying 'I do not want to live in this country'

as far as I'm concerned those people should all fcukoff sooner rather than later, maybe it'll help us out of this recession as we can replace the workforce with people that actually want to be here.

Why should they not be called negative towards Ireland?

Eh.... who's point are you making here...? You want the skilled workforce to **** off or not?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So why is the average house size here so much smaller than in Europe bar the UK which has one of the highest population densities!!??

I googled again. We are mid-table. As to why - I suppose it is because we dont build up which woud give us more space, and we have more land in agriculture. All of the European states are relatively small. Denmark and Luxembourg are outliers, everybody else is within a few square metres.

Come now, this is the internet. Sources.

Fabricating - nope.

Fabricating, yes. I posted the actual figures for Japan. You made sh*t up, based on an anecdote you heard from your mate in a pub.
    Not wrong about the iPhone, not wrong about his tax, and you're apparently about to start paying property tax.

Clearly, I have said I am in the UK.

The iPhone is not sold anywhere for the equivalent of 65euro without a plan. this is simple stuff. You can actually get the original for free in the UK with a plan, the new one costs £440 without a plan.
    If it was possible for me to leave at this age I'd be long gone and never look back.

Why isnt it possible? You are like the sad tosser in the village who always wanted to leave but didnt.

i did leave, and Ireland is not that bad. As I said before, you cant tell anything from visiting a place.

( Although I think Japan would be a nice society the arguments on tax are spurious)

• Advertisement

Fabricating, yes. I posted the actual figures for Japan. You made sh*t up.
    Not at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Eh.... who's point are you making here...? You want the skilled workforce to **** off or not?

If they want to leave Ireland they should, no place for them here.

My point was about the people who intend on leaving been given places in 3rd level education at the expense of others who are happy to live in this country, and give something back.

Why should the state supply anything to a populace that will abandon it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If they want to leave Ireland they should, no place for them here.

My point was about the people who intend on leaving been given places in 3rd level education at the expense of others who are happy to live in this country, and give something back.

Why should the state supply anything to a populace that will abandon it?

Your point was to "let them leave" or "force them to stay"?

The state is oblighed to supply equal-oppertunity third-level education to any Irish citizen that meets entry requirements, end of story.

In other words, If you are an Irish citizen and you come through the Irish Education system with the required points and grades to do said course, you have (and should have) every right to a place on it. Why would someone want to break sweat for the Leavign Cert in the first place if there was no chance of getting the course they wanted irrespective of their grades?

Here's a radical thought: why not find out WHY they want to leave and change things so that they WANT to stay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Spadina wrote: »
    I would never in a million years go through another winter there. Waiting for public transport with -25 windchill, wading through knee deep slush in a city of 4 million people's slush, and falling on my ass on ice nearly every night

:D Brings back memories except swap -25 for -52 in Regina Saskatchewan where i lived for one winter, there was no time tables for public transport there so you could be waiting for a hour in -50 weather:mad:, then you go to the pub and get drunk and then dare i say lose all your money in Csino Regina and are walking home 2 miles in -50 weather:D

The state is oblighed to supply equal-oppertunity third-level education to any Irish citizen that meets entry requirements, end of story.

The State isnt obligated to do any of that, and certainly not without fees. it just does it. It is obligated to provide primary school places constitutionally. So it can easily apply restrictions on people after they graduate. We cant stop people leaving, but we can ask them to repay if they leave.

Not at all.

Provide sources.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

In other words, If you are an Irish citizen and you come through the Irish Education system with the required points and grades to do said course, you have (and should have) every right to a place on it. Why would someone want to break sweat for the Leavign Cert in the first place if there was no chance of getting the course they wanted irrespective of their grades?

Here's a radical thought: why not find out WHY they want to leave and change things so that they WANT to stay?

Well let's start then, why did you leave?

There is no real reason to have such resentment towards a country which gives you the equal opportunities that you mentioned above..

In the thread so far there's arguments about what size houses are ffs, that's not even an issue..

Why do they want to leave? Because they're tits

It's like a teenager running away from home because they were grounded.

Is there a famine, persecution or war taking place? Those are real reasons to emigrate... selfishness is not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I left, best decision I ever made in my entire life.

Had I stayed I'd probably be still living with my parents, working in a call centre, being a fat **** drinking in the same bar every time I went out and going to the same spot of the same night club every Saturday watching the same people around me standing in their spots drinking trying to score with the same set of women followed by a bit of fighting by the same group of ****.

Eventually I'd have gotten a permanent GF and then as was the same for everyone else seemingly all around me there would have been a mad rush to get pregnant, build a ****ty house somewhere and spawn a new generation to go and do the same as daddy and mommy.

fcuk....that......

(wow.... I'm more bitter than I expected....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

I can identify with most of viewpoints here. I've been away about 2 years now, and learned what I really like about the country from what I miss. Also Ireland will always be home.

That said tho, there are somethings that just irk me. I think that we have become far more uptight, the cost of living is rediculous, in terms of income to cost of living I have found all countrys I've spent time in far better value......basically, that we are making things harder on ourselves.

Just also to mention, the gdp per capita thing gets mentioned alot. Its a very course measurement, and also tend to be stated with out the context of our overall economy. Not having a massive economy means we can't undertake masive infrastructal investments. Countrys with a far lower per capita income frequently have better infrastucture because the overall size of the economy matters more in some regards.

That said tho, it really doesn't help to focus on all the negative(another Irish problem:pac: ) I'll be happy when I come back to roost. There are some things and aspects to life in Ireland that are simply beyond what other countries have. The west coast of Ireland is the most beautiful awesome amazing place in the world, so far where I've seen, nothing yet comes within a mile of it. I could go on....

I hope that going forward, that this recession might have people take a look and start asking what can be done to improve things instead of just bitching about it. Tho the hardened Irish cynic in me say no chance bud! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

Those surveys don't really apply to Irish people moving abroad for a number of reasons, the main one being that if you emigrate to somewhere like Thailand you are likely to either have an independent income (eg be living on a good pension) or have a decent white collar skilled job, both of which should give you a VERY high standard of living. You're not moving there to become a peasant working in the fields. Those surveys evaluate things from the point of view of the average person living in each country, thus it's not comparable to the life an emigrant would have over there.

The other thing I don't like about these surveys is that the only things they seem to focus on are stuff like health (average life expectancy etc), GDP, etc. Neither of them take into account factors as simple as the weather or the different social frameworks in different countries. I've lived in Thailand and you'll be very hard pressed to tell me that the average Thai person is less happy than the average Irish one.

Yes it does, if you include property tax which is clearly subsumed into income tax in Ireland.

NO IT DOESN'T. Oh, I see you have added property taxes. How convenient. I am paying a good deal less (monetary-wise) than 41%, so don't tell me I'm not.
    is probably cheaper to live in Sihtsville alabama than Ireland, on the same income, if you could get it. But probably not worth it.

Who are you to say. There are some really nice areas in Alabama. Ever been to Helena? I would pick Sihtsville, Alabama over a lot of places in Ireland any day.

• Advertisement

Had I stayed I'd probably be still living with my parents, working in a call centre, being a fat **** drinking in the same bar every time I went out and going to the same spot of the same night club every Saturday watching the same people around me standing in their spots drinking trying to score with the same set of women followed by a bit of fighting by the same group of ****.

Why would any of that be true. Why would you have a better chance of not working in a call centre in Ireland, rather than anywhere else? Why could you not leave your parent's house. the rest sounds like small town crap. It is true, small towns are like that, but they are like that everywhere. you could be fit, have a job in Ireland, etc.

Since I have left I tend to agree with decisions to leave based on getting away from the rut, but I what I find tiresome is the "worst country in the world" silliness.

If you believe that, then the rest of the world is going to come as a shock to you.

There is no real reason to have such resentment towards a country which gives you the equal opportunities that you mentioned above..

In the thread so far there's arguments about what size houses are ffs, that's not even an issue..

Is there a famine, persecution or war taking place? Those are real reasons to emigrate... selfishness is not

You talk a lot sense, I myeslf will be leaving for Aus but i still love this country but i have travelled and lived a good few places and at this point and time im better off in Aus than here in Ireland, i have no Degree or any college certificate but i work hard wherever i go and have good References, i can if i wanted get Jobs in Canada or the U.S.A in a hearbeat and well paying Jobs at that e.g working in mines and the like where i have worked before, but at this moment i m contented on going to Aus to experience and live there, money is not really important to me, its more for the experience.

In the US property tax is pretty high too.

Jesus, stop generalizing. The property tax is based on the State that you live in and it fluctuates a great deal e.g. Texas vs. South Dakota.

Don't think you can make crap statements and get away with it (even on AH).

NO IT DOESN'T. Oh, I see you have added property taxes. How convenient. I am paying a good deal less (monetary-wise) than 41%, so don't tell me I'm not.

why wouldnt I include property tax? it's a tax. It comes from income. You have to pay it. I have no idea where you live, where I lived I paid about the same as in Ireland, for worse services.

i am sure there are nice places in Alabama. I like visiting interesting places in Europe, so I give that a miss.

Go back to my original statement where I said "interesting" places. cities. Most people emigrate to cities.

EDIT: And of course 41% is the marginal rate in Ireland. At the level of discussion here, though, that probably is not worth talking about.

Why would any of that be true. Why would you have a better chance of not working in a call centre in Ireland, rather than anywhere else? Why could you not leave your parent's house. the rest sounds like small town crap. It is true, small towns are like that, but they are like that everywhere. you could be fit, have a job in Ireland, etc.

Since I have left I tend to agree with decisions to leave based on getting away from the rut, but I what I find tiresome is the "worst country in the world" silliness.

If you believe that, then the rest of the world is going to come as a shock to you.

Because it was true and I left and now live in London and it's awesome. I lived in rural Ireland and in Dublin (and I've nothing but absolute vitriol for the hole that is Dublin, I could rant and fill pages on that scum infested city). But then clearly Ireland wasn't for me so everyone wins.

You talk a lot sense, I myeslf will be leaving for Aus but i still love this country but i have travelled and lived a good few places and at this point and time im better off in Aus than here in Ireland, i have no Degree or any college certificate but i work hard wherever i go and have good References, i can if i wanted get Jobs in Canada or the U.S.A in a hearbeat and well paying Jobs at that e.g working in mines and the like where i have worked before, but at this moment i m contented on going to Aus to experience and live there, money is not really important to me, its more for the experience.

Doing it for experience is fair enough Jonjo, I lived in the US myself for 2 years for that reason, it helped me grow up a bit

But I always loved Ireland while I was there and I was always homesick.. I don't see why people hate this country so much, it's very sad really. We have had better opportunities than most, even if we don't always take advantage of them.

But then clearly Ireland wasn't for me so everyone wins.

I couldnt imagine that London is better than Dublin. What didnt you like? I dont like very big cities, and Londoners live on the Tube, or in their cars, and are miles from their workmates. I dont get it. Dublin is a nice city destroyed by bad planning and the car.

You Suck! wrote: »
    The west coast of Ireland is the most beautiful awesome amazing place in the world, so far where I've seen, nothing yet comes within a mile of it. I could go on....
    ! :p

Well have you ever been to Newfoundland in Canada because that is a carbon copy of the west of Ireland and away more beautiful with far more dramatic landscapes ans isolated fishing villages than the west coast of Ireland, it bascially is Ireland back in the 1950's where everybody knows everybody and there is a great sense of commuinty, it is one of the best places i have lived in the world and the people are great,, culture takes pirioty over money something that was lost in a lot but not all places in Ireland in the last 15 years because of the mighty Dollar.

.......property tax is pretty high.

Does pretty high mean attractive high or gorgeous high? When you use this type of terminology, you lose the argument.

Doing it for experience is fair enough Jonjo, I lived in the US myself for 2 years for that reason, it helped me grow up a bit

But I always loved Ireland while I was there and I was always homesick.. I don't see why people hate this country so much, it's very sad really. We have had better opportunities than most, even if we don't always take advantage of them.

Well in Fairness i think most people on this thread have never lived abroad for any long period of time and i think they are restless to leave which you can understand, but i think what there saying is just frustration and then when they go abroad for a long period they will see that yes indeed Ireland has great benifits but they still might wish not to return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

SirDarren wrote: »
    Not at all.

Actually yes. When the iPhone 3G launched in Japan last year, the 16GB had a price of around €250 on a Bill Plan. I find it hard to believe the the 3GS costs less than a 3rd of that price and isn't apart of a bill plan.

I couldnt imagine that London is better than Dublin. What didnt you like? I dont like very big cities, and Londoners live on the Tube, or in their cars, and are miles from their workmates. I dont get it. Dublin is a nice city destroyed by bad planning and the car.

London is awesome, filled with diversity in every sense of the word. There is always something to do and see if the mood takes you and the tube is brilliant (if a little bloody hot in the summer altho I cycle to work so spend minimal time on it or in a car) and can get you across the entire city for a couple of quid. The place buzzes with energy and there is nothing comparable in all of Ireland.

Dublin by the way is a few streets in the city centre followed by a shocking sea of suburbia. The number of scummers in Dublin never fails to surprise me when I find myself there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

London is awesome, filled with diversity in every sense of the word. There is always something to do and see if the mood takes you and the tube is brilliant (if a little bloody hot in the summer altho I cycle to work so spend minimal time on it or in a car) and can get you across the entire city for a couple of quid. The place buzzes with energy and there is nothing comparable in all of Ireland.

Dublin by the way is a few streets in the city centre followed by a shocking sea of suburbia. The number of scummers in Dublin never fails to surprise me when I find myself there.

Did London go through decades of disrepair because the country was a poor fledgling state?

I left, best decision I ever made in my entire life.

Eventually I'd have gotten a permanent GF and then as was the same for everyone else seemingly all around me there would have been a mad rush to get pregnant, build a ****ty house somewhere and spawn a new generation to go and do the same as daddy and mommy.

fcuk....that......

(wow.... I'm more bitter than I expected....)
    Not bitter at all. :)
    I would pick Sihtsville, Alabama over a lot of places in Ireland any day.
    I would pick Sihtsville, Alabama over a lot of places anywhere in Ireland any day.
    Jesus, stop generalizing. The property tax is based on the State that you live in and it fluctuates a great deal e.g. Texas vs. South Dakota.

Exactly.
    Actually yes. When the iPhone 3G launched in Japan last year, the 16GB had a price of around €250 on a Bill Plan. I find it hard to believe the the 3GS costs less than a 3rd of that price and isn't apart of a bill plan.
    Of course it's hard to believe.

You're hardly going to say "oh right, ten times less for it in Japan. Sure that's grand."

And my cousin's friends who are on Bill Pay got the iPhone 3GS for free because of the few points they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BizTalker

I would agree London is a cut above Dublin, far more opportunities over there. Dublin does not have a tube though :), may be the only capital in Europe without it, funny alrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

London is a city of seven and a half million which in comparision makes Dublin's odd million , seem small .Both citys have their attractions but obiously London for it's size will have that much more Happening and going on there than Dublin .The charm which Dublin was famous for is dwindling while London will always be 'London ' ie, home of the goverment ,banking /Finance , over populated and full of day trippers / tourists

I googled again. We are mid-table. As to why - I suppose it is because we dont build up which woud give us more space, and we have more land in agriculture. All of the European states are relatively small. Denmark and Luxembourg are outliers, everybody else is within a few square metres.

Come now, this is the internet. Sources.

F*** me - we are mid table because its done in alphabetical order :):):):):):) LOL

http://www.finfacts.com/irishfinancenews/article_10004604.shtml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8201900.stm

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1016135.shtml
    Ireland has floor areas per person of a fifth less than Western European average

F*** me - we are mid table because its done in alphabetical order :):):):):):) LOL

Now, that's funny. Where is he?

Answer me: why is that someone who criticises Ireland IS AUTOMATICALLY "filled with resentment". I don't have resetnment. Where did you read resentment? Check out my first post in this thread. I hate the "if you don't like it **** off" mentality that implies Ireland is perfect and there's something wrong with people who don't like it. Calling them "tits" is hardly constructive. And then you follow it up with "why are skilled people ****ing off?"
    BECAUSE YOU TOLD THEM TO.

I came to Berlin to further my career. I'm a visual artist and I do bodypainting. It's much easier to find models heer and it's a much more createive city. It was more a case of "I came to Berlin" than "I left Dublin".
    Take it up with them then - not me.

Eh.... what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I wouldn't. Ireland's not that bad

I wish everyone that gives out about it constantly would just fcuk right off to Australia and bring the negativity with them though
    We could start by putting the shower of fat cúnts in the dail on a plane to Australia, with a bit of luck the excess weight might bring the plane down just in case any of them might decide on coming back.

Advertisement