Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shed advice

• 29-08-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

hi all Im going to build a shed/slash workshop(40'x15'),im going to do most of the work myself, i 'm thinking of the half blocks and half corrogated (advice here ) who supplies the sheet steel and where to get a bargain?
    Any other thoughts or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

might be no harm to go 40, by 20, if you have the space,

what side of the country are you , there is a ;load of the kinda stuff your looking for in the buy and sell every week, builders trying to offload, and all the rest.

you should get s decent shed up for around 10k finished if your able to do it your self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Athlone, nice 1 i never thought of the buy and sell, i 'm very short on width space it might even be closer to 12'. 10k is about twice what i was hoping to spend
    but thanks for the imput

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If you could get all the materials secondhand other than cladding that you should get new and were able to do the complete building job yourself it shouldn't cost you any more than 5-6k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

[I saw a few ads in the Journal offering excess building materials and shed materials, I might be worth a few calls.

Make sure you have plenty light and plan for a door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

If you could stretch to using insulated cladding for the roof and sides, it would make the building much more comfortable for use as a workshop.

A friend of mine built a workshop with insulated cladding,he got a good deal on cladding it was left over from a big industrial park job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement