Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco???

• 29-08-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

HI,

need advice, I am thinking of getting the SAMSUNG SGH-F480 Tocco and want to get some feedback of those who have this phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

It depends on what your after really. As a phone its quite nice, small well designed, the touch screen works well and is the right size, fits nicely in your pocket, you know its there but it doesn't take up much room. Battery life is ok, as its screen is kind of large you will be charging it every 1-2 days if you use it alot, but when its in standby the screen is off completely, giving it quite a long life, around 5-6 days. Im a light enough user so I charge mine every 4 days roughly.

Input wise you get a touch screen keypad, it does 1-9 and the normal phone t9 entry phones have now. Theres no qwerty keyboard to be found and it doesnt flip between landscape and portrait like other phones.

The camera is better than the average camera phone at 5 megapixels, but like every other phone camera its got a small enough lens. In daylight its fine, but any after dark photos will be a blurry mess. Dont expect much from the flash.

Features wise its good, but not on par with an iphone/android/s60/wm6 phone, you get java applications such as google mail, maps, youtube etc. So no emulators or fancy 3d games are available really. Its got a good web browser, but it cant do flash or anything major.

Problem wise its generally fine, the main annoyances are the fact the speaker seems to distort if the volume is too high and can be tricky to make out at times. Generally its fine if you keep the volume low (dont worry though, its still very loud at low settings). The phone book displays 3 entrys at a time which is maddening, it could easily be 5 if they didnt have the massive bars at the top and bottom. The final problem is that it vibrates on low battery, thats some good design, and bloody annoying if the battery happens to run out at 3am in the morning, might be possible to turn it off though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emmsmom

Thanks for that seclachi, do you think I am better off getting the Samsung Omnia??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Its hard to say, I dont know what you need. I have never tried the omnia, but its a different class of phone really, you can do alot more with windows mobile, but it can also be clunky and a pain in some implementations.

If just want phone I would say save your bucks and go with the tocco, its got quite alot to keep you entertained to be fair to it. If you want to have access to a wide varity of apps the omnia would probably be better, but you pay extra, have a larger phone and take some other hits to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emmsmom

Thanks for seclachi for getting back to me again. I think I will stick with the Tocco, as you said there is plenty on it to keep me entertained. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

I have a Tocco for about a year and a half, stil goin strong. I can only back up what was said before, if it helps my battery power lasts 2-3 days and i use the internet for this site and checking my yahoo mail everyday. Omnia is much better phone but price reflects that, plus its windows mobile and can do alot more than the Tocco. Go onto youtube and look up video's on them, there's some great walk thru videos there

• Advertisement
Advertisement