Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another query about electives - re status e-mails.

Options
  • 29-08-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone might be able to advise.

I've had to register on behalf of my daughter who is going into second year Arts, as she is away and unable to access the Net.

Module reg went fine. Both electives I chose for her had 'provisional' status, given that they are out-of-programme.

Initially the e-mails said the first choice was oversubscribed, and places would be allocated...random basis. Fine. It said 'you've registered provisionally for Lecture (there were no tuts with that module).

As regards the second elective, it said at first that this wasn't oversubscribed, and she had provisionally registered for Lecture on one day, and Tutorial on another.

More recent e-mails say that this second elective is now oversubscribed. Fine, I understand that, but what's confusing me is that it's now saying:

This module is currently oversubscribed and places will be randomly allocated.

You have provisionally registered to the following module components:

Lectures - Offering 1 - 48892
    Tutorial - Offering 10 - 48884 (No spaces available please select another)
    (my emphasis)

This could be a silly question - but does this mean that at this stage, we should be trying for another Offering of the tutorial? Or is that 'No spaces available please select another' notice there for anyone who might now be considering registering for that module?

If anyone can help, etc....

(She's due home next Friday - thank God!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Shameless bump for my unloved post.:(

I got thru to daughter by text - she said to try picking an alternative time.

Trouble is, the e-mail says Offering 10 is full up - but I didn't apply for that one. The one I applied for is saying there are 3 places left....

Maybe I'll get through to the programme office tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

em well in first year anyway, they send you the email to let you know how many people you are competing with for that eleective and until friday they are all provisional and randomly given out. on friday if you don't get it, then it's first come first served for what's left over. i predict a mad scramble!!!:eek: but it could be different for second years......

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Thanks.

Well, I phoned the Student Desk, having realised that's the place to go, rather than the Programme Office. The staff member took a look at the calendar/e-mail, and she can't understand it either. She said it must be that there's an error in the e-mail. A bit of a result, then.

Advertisement