Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice Hoodies in Dublin.. ?

• 29-08-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

As above..
    Im also a male.. :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

American Apparal at the end of Grafton street do nice ones as do H&M up on sth King st[beside the Gaiety] I'd say Topman might be worth a look too.

I guess it depends on your budget too. Theres always Pennys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Their plain one colour zip ups are the best thing in Penneys, classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

AA hoodies are awesome, but they are way too overpriced in ireland 50 euros is way to much for what you're getting imo

i got a load of them here in SanFran for $40 a piece which is a little bit better when you convert back to euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I must give River Island a mention. Also, Urban Outfitters and as others have mentioned, Topman and AA. Sometimes Bershka have nice guys clothes too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Try Henleys or Superdry for something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

My boyfriend has a load from Jack Jones.

They seem nice to me:)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

newman10 wrote: »
    Try Henleys or Superdry for something exactely the same as every other guy with no fashion sense is wearing, with random number/place combinations

FYP, sorry if that seems harsh :o but its true, especially henleys are terrible.
    Buying online is probably the best option I would say, the likes of caliroots karmaloop or ark clothing or size has good adidas etc hoodies. I also dont like River Island, their mens section is awful imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Yeah I agree about Henleys, Awful. Superdry do some nice stuff, the understated stuff more so.

Screw hoodies, I just bought this jacket and its Superdry:

beckam.jpg

Prob wont look as good on me though.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

wixfjord wrote: »
    FYP, sorry if that seems harsh :o but its true, especially henleys are terrible.
    Buying online is probably the best option I would say, the likes of caliroots karmaloop or ark clothing or size has good adidas etc hoodies. I also dont like River Island, their mens section is awful imo.

Have you ordered stuff from Karmaloop to send to Ireland? Sorry for the o/t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I like a good plain hoody, so by that logic I'll always side with AA or Uniqlo, but I honestly think the Penneys one-colours are great too. River Island do lovely hoodies but are fond of just ruining it on the design front, keep it simple me thinks.

I've a Uniqlo yellow one colour, and a Penneys yellow one colour, and you'd never know which is Oxford Street and which is a shopping centre in Dundalk :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I like a good plain hoody, so by that logic I'll always side with AA or Uniqlo, but I honestly think the Penneys one-colours are great too. River Island do lovely hoodies but are fond of just ruining it on the design front, keep it simple me thinks.

I've a Uniqlo yellow one colour, and a Penneys yellow one colour, and you'd never know which is Oxford Street and which is a shopping centre in Dundalk :rolleyes:

Yeah, sometimes River Island make something really nice and then have to go ruin it by splashing paint all over it or putting really tacky studs or whatever on it! :mad:

Have to agree about the Penney's hoodies! I'm a girl but I have a guys hoody from Penney's for comfy around the house wear and it only cost me 9 euro (I think!) and it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Superdry ftw. I think the river island stuff is crap and topman hoodys are generally not great, v light. I'd say BT2 or American apparel, you're better spending E70 on a hoody that'll last 2 years over E30 on one that'll last 6 months and look crap after a few washes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

Thumbs up for Jack & Jones hoodies! They last long and have some nice designs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Superdry ftw. I think the river island stuff is crap and topman hoodys are generally not great, v light. I'd say BT2 or American apparel, you're better spending E70 on a hoody that'll last 2 years over E30 on one that'll last 6 months and look crap after a few washes

American Apparel overpriced Pennys IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

newman10 wrote: »
    American Apparel overpriced Pennys IMO

AA is "overpriced" because its made in America, not by Taiwanese children living in poverty. Personally I think the cut and designs of AA are a lot better and won't fall apart as quickly as those in Pennys might

Advertisement