Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interconnector and CPO's

• 29-08-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear about Compulsory Purchase Orders at St Audoen's Terrace besides christ church?

My elderly aunt lives there and she is after getting quite a shock.

Is it true that the houses here are to be demolished? I haven't got all the facts and I was wondering if anyone knew about it?

I know there is due to be a station at christchurch. Madness. 10 feet down in the soil they will find something and the whole area will be turned into an archeological site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Nostradamus

Anyone hear about Compulsory Purchase Orders at St Audoen's Terrace besides christ church?

My elderly aunt lives there and she is after getting quite a shock.

Is it true that the houses here are to be demolished? I haven't got all the facts and I was wondering if anyone knew about it?

I know there is due to be a station at christchurch. Madness. 10 feet down in the soil they will find something and the whole area will be turned into an archeological site.

I have no further comment. Please do some basic research before launching into Joe Duffy caller mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I have no further comment. Please do some basic research before launching into Joe Duffy caller mode.

filed under internet-anonymous-morals. I was only asking a simple question. I dont want to be ringing my aunt to ask her to decypher the big fat envelope of information she received from Irish Rail. I dont have the information at hand and I was simply asking for help, not silly comments. If you have nothing helpful to add how about getting away from the pc and living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Cheers! Good information there but nothing about CPO's. Ive emailed them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Old Chinese proverb: "Can't make omelet without breaking egg".

How can anything be built underground (foundations of new buildings included) in the South City Centre without finding remains of our Viking dead?

Should we leave the living city with an impoverished infrastructure so that 1,000 year old remains are left undisturbed and unseen for ever? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Cheers! Good information there but nothing about CPO's. Ive emailed them.

Strictly speaking there won't be a CPO, the mechanism used to compulsorily purchase land for a railway is called a Railway Order.
    I have no idea if land and houses will need to be acquired from private home owners there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

I live on the route of the interconnector, and I've received nothing from IÉ. :mad:

I live on the route of the interconnector, and I've received nothing from IÉ. :mad:

So I guess your house may be shaken, but not stirred?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There will be a station from the amphitheatre at the Civic Offices west to Cook Street.

Things are still at an early stage and this is unlikely to be a compulsory purchase at this stage.

Outside the station sites, they will only be acquiring "land" well below ground level.

Have a look here for similar stuff:

Port Tunnel - http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/MajorTransportProjects/Pages/PortTunnel.aspx

Metro North - http://www.dublinmetronorth.ie/

If you have specific questions, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Out of interest, do you have to pay for land underground in the same way as overground? Which is to say, is it true that owning land means you own all the space above it extending into the atmosphere and down extending to the core of the Earth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

karlr42 wrote: »
    Out of interest, do you have to pay for land underground in the same way as overground? Which is to say, is it true that owning land means you own all the space above it extending into the atmosphere and down extending to the core of the Earth?
    AFAIK, under the Strategic Infrastructure Act. the default price is nil, unless loss can be shown.

Hmmmm...I think I'm in the Twilight Zone :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Victor wrote: »
    AFAIK, under the Strategic Infrastructure Act. the default price is nil, unless loss can be shown.
    Was this not always the case? I am sure my land registered property has something along the lines of "ownership does not extend to the mines and minerals" or somesuch clause in the Folio. Maybe it's different for Registry of Deeds and unregistered stuff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

karlr42 wrote: »

Nope, you rights only go down about 10m i think (or maybe 25m)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Dunno if thats the actual depth you own too, but yeah, I investigated this awhile back and you dont own down to the centre of the earth by a long shot ;)

Advertisement