Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 patch 1.5 is here !!!

Options
  • 29-08-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe. Stay tuned for release announcement in the near future!

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Nice Job givin away armored fury and euro forces for FREE !! :D (though i already have them and have never played them :P )

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sweeeeet

*reinstalls*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Awesome. Might reinstall so.

edit: Oh jeez... DL'ing the patches will suck tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Prob just 2 patches,,,this new one and the 1.41

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The booster packs were crap but still nice of them. Tempted to reinstall the game and maybe get back into it. I wonder have the level load times improved at all..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

It's not out for another 3 days..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _si_

Awesome!

Jetwhores, to your starting blocks :)

There's a populated server based in Dublin still running. Should go on and dish out some death from above

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Id love to reinstall, but i have no idea where my disc or cd key is :(

Kiith wrote: »
    Id love to reinstall, but i have no idea where my disc or cd key is :(

I've a spare CD key I can give you ;)

I've bought the game 3 times

Link here : http://www.gamershell.com/news_83176.html
    The patch includes one of the biggest list of changes since Battlefield 2 launched
    Electronic Arts has released a new patch for Battlefield 2, bringing this sequel game to v1.50 (thanks: John). The update offers a new map by Bjorn Sundell, Operation Blue Pearl, both Armored Fury and Euro Force booster packs for FREE and Highway Tampa becoming a requirement giving EIGHT new maps that everyone will have and be able to play on ranked servers without worry of dropping out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I'd love to fire up BF 2 again, always preferred it over BF 2142 but I lost the damn cd key so I'm stuck playing titan mode which can be a bit temperamental lag wise.

might pick up another copy some stage

• Advertisement

I'd love to fire up BF 2 again, always preferred it over BF 2142 but I lost the damn cd key so I'm stuck playing titan mode which can be a bit temperamental lag wise.

might pick up another copy some stage

Just PM'd you a spare serial that I had lyin about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Just finished installing, now to install that hefty patch.

Fair play man :):):)

I'll catch you ingame for some raging with Si if you're on at somestage

EDIT: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/15116/Battlefield+2+v1.50+Patch

Try that link for downloads, will be much faster was only getting 100-200kbps off that link (500 kbps unregistered, 750kbps registered, which is free)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

got bf2 patched up yestaerday. its fun but frustating at the same time. i think there is still a problem with the hit dectection. the hits are just not registering.

Its nice to be playing battlefield again i have to say.

im going to check project reality next www.realitymod.com
    I played this for ages a few years ago

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

im loving the new patch. I've fell in love with BF2 all over again!

There are still issues though yes. Hit detection has been improved but still a problem.
    BUT... no more random disconnections or unable to connect to server crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

reinstalled today.Messing around with Ai Bots in Singleplayer.Managed to get 200 before it started to Lag:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Do people still play this? I mean are there actual statistics to show this fellow still gets played? I know the mod community's still active (I should know, being a former member of one of the bigger ones ;))

I never really got into it they same way I played & enjoyed battlefield 1942; the FPS shooting was a little better mind you. Fair play al the same, it's nice to see older games still getting a little love from their creators

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

There are a couple of hundred BF2142 servers, there are easily over a thousand BF2 servers. This patch seems to have breathed new life into the game.

Yeah , its still up and kicking.

Went onto a server to try it out last night, I've checked and my 2 main accounts are still active...with all my stats and ranks still intact after months/years of inactivity. Combined over a 1000 hours of gameplay :eek:

Shame i lost my damm cd key:mad:

pixelburp wrote: »
    Do people still play this? I mean are there actual statistics to show this fellow still gets played? I know the mod community's still active (I should know, being a former member of one of the bigger ones ;))

I never really got into it they same way I played & enjoyed battlefield 1942; the FPS shooting was a little better mind you. Fair play al the same, it's nice to see older games still getting a little love from their creators

suppose this is the a decent graphic. 5th most played game on xfire, and theres been a surge since 1.5 came out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

http://muon.irc.ie/BF2_Patch_1.50.exe if anyone wants a local fast mirror of the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

pixelburp wrote: »
    Do people still play this? I mean are there actual statistics to show this fellow still gets played?

Yes I still play it. Its been in the top 10 played games on xfire for the last 4 years. I think its number 5 atm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Moriarty wrote: »
    http://muon.irc.ie/BF2_Patch_1.50.exe if anyone wants a local fast mirror of the patch.

Nice!

Moriarty wrote: »

Cant get it to open

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Problem on your end then, it's up and working fine :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'd think things would have changed.

Still near impossible to find a Karkand/Mashtuur NORMAL server...i.e. WITH vehicles.

Stupid INF Only ruined that game.

Anyways, tried some of the new maps, seem decent enough.

Still have the plane/chopper whore/tkers ...and the getting kicked for reasons beyoned my comprehension when asking for an admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

just play forgotten hope 2....bf2 mod, set in 1942...but with proper gun mechanics lots of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

Thanks for recommending this. I played the game for the whole day on sunday its brillaint, well worth the download

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Gotta also recomend FH2. Its one of the best mods I've ever played, so good that it actually improves BF2 by leaps and bounds.

It captures the essence of BF1942 with an impoved engine, huge but well designed maps, and a nice level of realism. The Normandy maps are top notch. They have working flags in order to create push type game play, kit restrictions in place and the rock paper scissors game play we all love from the BF2 series is back.

Amazing that the FH guys can make a better game than EA/Dice, but they have, watch them get snatched up by a studio and FH being released as a full game imo.

If you have BF2 and hate it, reinstall it as a vessel for this great mod!

Advertisement