Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 patch 1.5 is here !!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Had to use compatibility mode to get it to run on windows 7 but besides that no problems. Which is great because 1.41 caused me nothing less hair on my head.

First time trying out the Euro Forces maps, great wall is a great sniper fest.
    You'd think things would have changed.

Still near impossible to find a Karkand/Mashtuur NORMAL server...i.e. WITH vehicles.

Stupid INF Only ruined that game.

Ya personally would have liked the option to disable arty or even the commader but leave vehicles. UAV removes any tactics when your in a good squad. You can try to be as sneaky as you want but they pretty much know where you are....and then drop arty on you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

shouldn't need any compatibility mode on win 7 for it, i'm running it on 64bit fine w/o...

shouldn't need any compatibility mode on win 7 for it, i'm running it on 64bit fine w/o...

im on 32bit pro, feck it though it works so im not bothered :) I just hate getting patches diownloaded and installed and ur gettin all ready to play then bang CTD :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Few of us TiG lads play this most nights at the moment. Normally on the TFS servers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

-Al- wrote: »
    Ya personally would have liked the option to disable arty or even the commader but leave vehicles. UAV removes any tactics when your in a good squad. You can try to be as sneaky as you want but they pretty much know where you are....and then drop arty on you :)

There are a couple of German servers running 24/7 Karkand inf but with a no commander rule which is enforced in the evenings when there are admins on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

BF2 was great all right - but Project Reality made it so much better I actually cant play the priginal game any more. www.realitymod.com, you'll never go back ;) Free too.

Ponster wrote: »
    There are a couple of German servers running 24/7 Karkand inf but with a no commander rule which is enforced in the evenings when there are admins on.

Sweet, might have look for those in a few. Any ideas of IPs or names?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

I have just built myself an i7 rig at the weekend.

I installed windows 7 64 and i think its a great os. The only issue i have is that i am unable to apply the BF2 patch 1.5. I have the game patched to 1.41 fine.

when i run the setup.exe the process appears in the task manager for a few seconds then disappears and nothing happens. i have tried running as admin and tried compatibilty mode with vista SP1 & SP2 same with XP. i also tried to intall the patch in safe mode.

I am trying to think of solutions cant find anything with google. i read in another tread this morning and heard that dx9 is not intalled in windows 7 and you have to do it manually, im not sure if this will fix the issue as i run other dx9 games fine and i did run dxwebsetup.

next thing to try is uninstall BF2 and try again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I don't know what's up but I can assure you that both the patch and BF2 works fine under Win7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I had some trouble with the 1.5 patch.

Had to install 1.4 first before 1.5, then had to edit my registry as it wasnt pointing to the correct location

If you plan on keeping windows 7 for a while...maybe create a new partition with XP, and install certain games onto a shared drive with XP. Then boot up 7 and run them.

Its worth having XP aswell in case you run into any problems with any application

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I may have to re-install this tonight too - went to Win 7 in June and never got around to it. Lol, I just re-installed Crysis last night for a bitta single player fun and now this? I see some busy PC times ahead for me :)

Thanks for the mirror Moriarty btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

every time i try to run the game it restarts my computer. :(

tried re-installing, different patches, to no avail.

all other games are fine.

really want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Gotta also recomend FH2. Its one of the best mods I've ever played, so good that it actually improves BF2 by leaps and bounds.

It captures the essence of BF1942 with an impoved engine, huge but well designed maps, and a nice level of realism. The Normandy maps are top notch. They have working flags in order to create push type game play, kit restrictions in place and the rock paper scissors game play we all love from the BF2 series is back.

Amazing that the FH guys can make a better game than EA/Dice, but they have, watch them get snatched up by a studio and FH being released as a full game imo.

If you have BF2 and hate it, reinstall it as a vessel for this great mod!

FH2 is fantastic, I'm really enjoying it. MG42's are lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

im dieing to play FH2 again. i hope i can get this working later

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcrdotcom

I love BF2...deadly patch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Griffin87 wrote: »
    when i run the setup.exe the process appears in the task manager for a few seconds then disappears and nothing happens. i have tried running as admin and tried compatibilty mode with vista SP1 & SP2 same with XP. i also tried to intall the patch in safe mode.
    Turn off UAC. I had the same problems installing any patches, until I turned off UAC.

Instructions on how to do it: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

Once UAC is off, you'll also have less probelms with Windows 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Griffin87 wrote: »
    im dieing to play FH2 again. i hope i can get this working later

Theres a few of us TiG guys play FH2 most nights. Outstanding mod that really changes the BF2 game play. Its no longer run and gun, you have to really take your time and use cover etc.

Advertisement