Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halved fees for 6 weekly hours of tutorials?

Options
  • 29-08-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hello, I'm a new tutor in UCD, Human Sciences. I've heard that if I manage to work as a tutor for at least 6 hours a week, I'd be entitled to pay half the amount of my postgrad fees. Is that correct? Where can I find further info?
    Many thanks,
    E. [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It used to be the case in some schools that if a tutor took 6 hours of classes per week they would be entitled to half fees. However, most schools used to reserve that for tutors who had been tutoring for a number of years rather than making it available for new tutors (although this isn't always the case). I know with the current economic climate and all the cutbacks that some schools no longer offer this, with none of their tutors being offered 6 hours per week.

I'd advise you to contact your relevant school and see if they still offer this option and if it would be possible for you to avail of this.

Advertisement