Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a more advanced phone, any advice ?

• 29-08-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I have a samsung tocco at the moment, its a fine phone, but I would like something with a few more apps and hackability. I was looking at the MWg Zinc II, for 200 euro sim free WM doesnt seem that great from what I have seen, but you can get alot for it, it also has a slide out keypad, which would be rather nice, you just cant do much in the way of games etc on a samsung tocco with the touchscreen.

I havent seen much else that appeals much, the iPhone definitely has the fancy, but I dont really like the thought of paying for everything (wm has some nice free software etc) and being locked down by apple.

The htc hero seems cool, but is pricy and as its touch screen only also seems a bit limited with what you can do with it, Id love to try android, but I dont think the right phones are out to show what it really can do at the moment.

So, are there any nice, cost effective but customisable phones I have missed in my browsing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You could pick up a G1 second hand unlocked off ebay for about 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

wait for the n900 to come out in October!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

wait for the n900 to come out in October!
    Wow, thats some amount of phone.... :eek: It'll prob be way out of my price range by then when I'm back in college though :(

Advertisement