Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton V Liverpool [mod warning post #309]

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

noodler wrote: »
    As much as I prefer Soccer, the fitness levels needed for GAA and hurling are a bit higher in my opinion.

And your opinion qualifies for what?

I played GAA and Soccer, Soccer took more out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

As much as I prefer Soccer, the fitness levels needed for GAA and hurling are a bit higher in my opinion.

If you play one game a season then maybe, but that's obviously not going to be the case. Football is a 50 game season where as hurling might be five or six if you're lucky. Hurling doesn't take near as much from you.

And please lets not continue this debate here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Very doubtull mate. Over a four or five month campaign compard to nine months of soccer, sometimes with international competitions in between. Training six days a week, and if you're not fit you simply don't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Very doubtull mate. Over a four or five month campaign compard to nine months of soccer, sometimes with international competitions in between. Training six days a week, and if you're not fit you simply don't play.

Yeah, seriously the fitness levels to play a 90 minute soccer match, at the top lever FAR outweigh the fitness needed for GAA. No offence to the sport, but it pales in comparison to professional soccer, or rugby for that mattetlr. And don't forget that a soccer match is longer.

Anyway, glad to see a few decent performances today. For me, Riera and Johnson stood out. Krgyiakos did well enough; but seemed a little dodgy with the ball at his feet - hopefully just do to a little lack of match practice.

Yeah, seriously the fitness levels to play a 90 minute soccer match, at the top lever FAR outweigh the fitness needed for GAA. No offence to the sport, but it pales in comparison to professional soccer, or rugby for that mattetlr. And don't forget that a soccer match is longer.

Anyway, glad to see a few decent performances today. For me, Riera and Johnson stood out. Krgyiakos did well enough; but seemed a little dodgy with the ball at his feet - hopefully just do to a little lack of match practice.

I played GAA to a high level,same with rugby and soccer to a strong level.
    The fitness levels for football are 10x the fitness levels needed for soccer,it doesnt even compare.you are talking pure ****.

Training sessions for footy are much tougher than soccer,a footy team like Kerry would run Liverpool off the pitch in fitness levels and Pool are imo the fittest team in the league.

In terms of fittest GAA,Rugby...Soccer.

Just watch the next footy match and see how much harder,faster and longer they run,how can you even say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Fitness levels are far better in gaelic football than in hurling. I'd order it gaelic football by a good bit, then soccer, then hurling not far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fuhrer wrote: »
    And your opinion qualifies for what?

I played GAA and Soccer, Soccer took more out of me.

What the hell is your problem?

Look at the next 4 posts after yours, they all manage to disagree with implying my opinion means nothing.

Ignorant child, having played all 3 competitively gives my the ability to at least form an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mod note: this thread is for match discussion, not a comparison of fitness levels across different sports. Can we get back on topic please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Lawrenson blamed zonal marking for BOTH bolton goals tonight :rolleyes:
    Yes it was staggering. For Bolton's first goal off corner. Six Pool players in the box. Not doing anything on the near side of the penalty area. Zonal defending like that just doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

defensively liverpool look a shambles atm, they must be drinking whatever the arsenal boys were last year ;)

of course its a brand new defence, no aurelio, no skrtel, no agger, no arbeloa but still, if liverpool play like that today against arsenal, chelsea or utd then you would be talking double figures

Sure we would.

• Advertisement

defensively liverpool look a shambles atm, they must be drinking whatever the arsenal boys were last year ;)

of course its a brand new defence, no aurelio, no skrtel, no agger, no arbeloa but still, if liverpool play like that today against arsenal, chelsea or utd then you would be talking double figures
    Having seen Arsenal game last night (that whole thing with Wenger having to stand amongst the United supporters at the end was hilarious) I can see another 4-4 encounter happening when the two teams meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

fkt wrote: »
    Utterly clueless. Take up hurling/some other sh*ite sport full of clueless part time fans. Absolutely embarrassing if you're a red.

It took Mr.Ferguson ten years to achieve what Rafa did in one and about six years to win a league title.

no idea how u can call me clueless!! i play footy like for a team dude not hurling so think you should cop on there!! I think benitez is useless!! he sells alonso and then buys a cripled fella who cant play for 3 more weeks like that itself turns me off him!! Hes boring,never cracks a smile,thiks the vronin and lucas are good when learly ther not!! ohh im sick of the man really am!! he won like the champions league fair play to him for that i want the league tho!! every liverpool fan have talked to has said they would like him out and some new managment in i think this would be very very wise choice to be honest!! let just see what happens!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What 'new management team ' would you think will win us the league, Rafa has brought us the closest to winning it in 20 years! Scrap everything he has done and start with somebody new? That will put us back another few years, NO thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

sisco wrote: »
    no idea how u can call me clueless!! i play footy like for a team dude not hurling so think you should cop on there!! I think benitez is useless!! he sells alonso and then buys a cripled fella who cant play for 3 more weeks like that itself turns me off him!! Hes boring,never cracks a smile,thiks the vronin and lucas are good when learly ther not!! ohh im sick of the man really am!! he won like the champions league fair play to him for that i want the league tho!! every liverpool fan have talked to has said they would like him out and some new managment in i think this would be very very wise choice to be honest!! let just see what happens!!

He sold Alonso because Alonso wanted to go. So what would you have done? Pinned Alonso to a tree until the transfer window closed?

Him and his family wanted to move back to Spain. He just got married a few weeks ago and is raring a kid, he wanted to leave. He handed in a transfer request. What can you do to stop him from leaving? He would have been distracted if he stayed anyway. He just wouldn't have been happy.

The "crippled fella" is a quality young player who you have probably never seen kick a football.

If a "useless" manager can win the champions league in his first season with an awful squad I'd love to see what a good one could do. Maybe you could tell me who a good manager is? David Moyes?

"Every Liverpool supporter I've spoken to" - Who are these? Your five year old mates in school who probably don't even know where Liverpool is and support us because they like the colour red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

What a ridiculously rubbish post/opinion.

Alonso wanted to go, Rafa played hardball with Real and got the best deal he could where others (possibly unfairly pointing to Parry here) would have folded and we would have got much less.
    He bought Aquilani who he rates and yes he's injured but if hes the proper player for the job why go out and buy someone not of his standard just because that someone else is fit? Plus Rafas transfer record in Midfield is excellent and in case you forgot he bought Alonso.
    Never cracks a smile? Who gives a ****?? Seriously? Do you want some magic tricks aswell?
    He won the Champions League, got us to another final and cemented our place in the top 4 in the League and got us closer than any manager has since our last League win.
    Very wise to get rid off him? Your talking out your hole!! Who would you bring in that would do a better job?

As for the Lucas comment, the lad played a decent part in the team that came closest to winning the league in 20 years and has been called up to play for his country (Brazil in case you didn't know) and is only 22.

If every other Liverpool ''fan'' shares your opinions i'd vomit in terror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

If you say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I don't even know what to say. Speechless. Are you drunk?

I feel sorry about Rafa and particulary the fact that after signing a contract they tell him he has no more money to spend on players. That is just messing him about. But having seen the Zonal marking system and its fault on Saturday I just think that needs to be sorted along with the overall squad. I don't know what EXACTLY happened on Alonso but it has weakened the team. You don't lose a player like that if you want to chase league honours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I feel sorry about Rafa and particulary the fact that after signing a contract they tell him he has no more money to spend on players. That is just messing him about. But having seen the Zonal marking system and its fault on Saturday I just think that needs to be sorted along with the overall squad. I don't know what EXACTLY happened on Alonso but it has weakened the team. You don't lose a player like that if you want to chase league honours.

I wouldn't go feeling too sorry for him now, he signed a multi million pound contract which makes him one of the highest earners in world football.

Everybody has their price, I have no doubt Rafa was bought and knew full well about the financial situation.

Advertisement