Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set Theatre Listings

Options
  • 29-08-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to the Set Theatre in Langtons yet? Heard great reports about it. Anyone know where I can find listings for the next few months. They don't have anything on their website and I can only see whats on in September on entertainment.ie. Trying to find out what gigs are on in October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Josh Ritter and Imelda May are in there for October anyway. As is Michael Winslow of funny voices in Police Academy fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Ive been wondering myself, was there on friday night at PJ Ryans album launch. Great night, great venue!

There was a list on the wall in a frame but for the life of me i cant remember, it had until mid-end October on it if i remember right.

Maybe asking at the hotel reception might be the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Threadhead wrote: »
    Josh Ritter and Imelda May are in there for October anyway. As is Michael Winslow of funny voices in Police Academy fame.

Imelda May was on on Sunday. She's hardly comin back again is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

No, I just got that one well wrong.

They have Brendan Grace though. The trendy young comic trailblazer that he is. The Set doesn't seem to be the alternative music hub it was said to be. Still though, it'll get a good mix of crowds in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The Orb next weekend all the same though. Sep 11th.

Hopefully I'll have money left after EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Colin Devlin is playing on November 7th, and CODES are playing there on October 2th 2009.

Norman Jay in mid october is well worth a look as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

They update their facebook page and have line up there (if you are in to social networking sites)

I cant believe the Orb played there. Would love to have seen Codes tonight. Its a beautiful theatre and the sound was pretty good at RSAG during Arts Week.

I cant believe the Orb played there.

They didn't, that gig was cancelled/postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yeah,and Codes were great! Awful small crowd,though

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »

Really? I thought it would've been packed cos it was free, so stayed away from it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

No way! I was dying to see them but couldn't make it down from the big smoke in time.

Yeah,no more than 30 people :/

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I didn't know it was on. If i did, i would have headed down.

I'll pass the message onto the lads ;) They had a laugh anyway. Venue is so fanc-ay! Wonder what genres they'll allow. Can't see a metal or dance gig in there ;) Aside from The Orb,which co-incidentally never happened

Can't see a metal or dance gig in there wink.gif

Um....Norman Jay? In two weeks?

AFAIK,that's a pretty big act. Whereas,I can't see them getting any ol' run of the mill dance act like the Zoo

Yea I can't see them changing their nice theatre clientelle marketing tack to one of burberry touting pill gobbling corsa driving scobes off their faces on yokes any time soon.

Norman Jay is a groovy house DJ. I am really looking forward to it!

True. Its very nicely decorated. Hope it doesn't deter great acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'll pass the message onto the lads ;) They had a laugh anyway. Venue is so fanc-ay! Wonder what genres they'll allow. Can't see a metal or dance gig in there ;) Aside from The Orb,which co-incidentally never happened
    Itchy trigger finger and slave zero were supposed to play there until itf's drummer broke his arm

• Advertisement

I'd be quite surprised about that. There's a big call for a metal venue,but I don't see Set being it

oh no it was supposed to happen itf were advertising it till the broken arm

Ah the metal crowd's bark is worse than it's bite. They're OK. One of them called me a "short haired f4ggot" in the pumphouse one night but I think he was just being a cute lovable scamp.

I find metal crowds to be lovely folk. Apart from that annoying 15 year old metal head bunch. They're idiots :)

We're really not that bad once you get passed the piercings,tattoo's and hair tbh

And the fact that you could kick any of our asses

Fred on November 27th :)

Bell X1 on December 11th, but it's sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Loveless wrote: »
    Bell X1 on December 11th, but it's sold out :(

ah sugar was hoping to go to that didn't think it'd have sold out already :(

• Advertisement

Surely they'll release more tickets....

Advertisement