Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set Theatre Listings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Healium wrote: »
    Surely they'll release more tickets....

I'm sure they would if they could but will they be able it. Whats the max capacity for the set? it might be a health and safety issue and if the set can only hold e.g. 250 people and they've already sold 250 tickets then they won't be able to sell any more tickets even if the demand is there. that said if anyone hears of anyone looking to sell a ticket to Bell X1 I'd be more than happy to buy it off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Capacity is about 230 with full seating. The stage extensions take a lot out of that. And there's not a whole lot of room upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

hoping the orb gig gets put on soon . heard it was supposed to be postponed till december . still havent been to set yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

It's a nice venue. I like their approach. Such a place was badly needed in Kilkenny. They are doing an excellent job marketing their gigs as well so kudos in that department.

The quality of the sound system is outstanding in its mediocrity though. I assume it was designed as an 'all rounder' to accommodate live music, DJ gigs and theatrical performances. As a result it does not do club music any favours at all. Such a shame.

It is, however, a million times better than that monstrosity that is installed in the nightclub.

It seems that in this venue's budget, snazzy aesthetics consistently take precedence over good quality sound.

But most local Bulmer's swilling Carroll's smoking belt buckled Wranglers can't tell the difference anyway. So they were probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I will take this opportunity to shamelessly plug some friends of mine:
    ADOA-FinalPoster.jpg

This is the first play to go on in the Set Theatre for anyone interested in checking it out and from a local company to boot.

It runs from Wednesday December 2nd to Sunday December 6th and tickets are available in RollerCoaster Records, Set Theatre and online at devioustheatre.com and unlike Bell XI, there's plenty available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Bump. Fred on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Have 2 free tix for Fred tonight. PM if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Damn, I was at Fred last night but hadn't checked this page in a while.
    They were really good, well wrote the €12.50.
    I'm really impressed with the set theatre, really looking forward to the Dario Fo play.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I seen in the k/p that RSAG is playing on st stephens night.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

fabbydabby wrote: »
    But most local Bulmer's swilling Carroll's smoking belt buckled Wranglers can't tell the difference anyway.

Never, ever disrespect Wranglers.. they put the 'ass' in aspirational

wrangler461.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement