Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best desktop pc for gaming

Options
  • 29-08-2009 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,
    Can anyone recommend a seriously good gaming pc that can be also used for business applications. Was seriously thinking of building one myself but the prospect is a bit daunting so if anyone has bought one lately and is happy with its performance, I'd be delighted to hear from you. :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Build one yourself.
    I was feeling a bit "daunted" with the prospect of building one but with the amount of info on the net you cant really go wrong.

That was 2 years ago and i got an XPS, which is good, but if i had built it myself it would have been half the bloody price (something i discovered after).

I am by no means a computer expert (far from it) but building your own is easy enough if you do the research.

Good prices here too: www.overclockers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Arcto wrote: »

Good prices here too: www.overclockers.co.uk

eh... NO!

Don't use overclockers now that the sterling has gone back to somewhat normal lvl's and they charge Irish Vat rates too...

You should post a new Thread in the Building & Upgrading forums stating exactly what you'll be doing on it, what games you'll want to play and at what resolution your screen is.

A budget is also a good thing

siya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bazo260

Well thanks lads. Think I might have a go at building one. I'll post again in the suggested category. Cheers!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

they charge Irish Vat rates too..

Didnt know that, and i was planning on ordering next few weeks :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup build it yourself much cheaper, www.elara.ie are cheap enough and there based in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Defo build your own or get it built for you.

Check here for a good configuration tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bazo260

Thanks guys. I'm gonna give it a shot and see how it goes.:)

Advertisement