Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A load of motorbikes passing

• 29-08-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Is there something going on today? About 200+ motorbikes are just going through Ballinasloe in front of me now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

axer wrote: »
    Is there something going on today?

Yeah, the sun is shining for the first time since May.
    (Its the Annual Across Ireland Fundraiser I'd guess - its on this weekend running from Dublin to Galway)

'cptr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

axer wrote: »
    Hey all,

Is there something going on today? About 200+ motorbikes are just going through Ballinasloe in front of me now.

Id say its the annual across ireland,think thats on this weekend,,from Dublin
    Galway,,they are expecting a 1000plus bikes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I wanted to go on that, but found out about it too late. They wouldnt let me register and take part :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maccarthy_annem

It's the Make a Wish foundation...glad they have that level of support and the weather's with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

yeah i seen them bikes today in athlone. what a site to see.so nice to see loads of bikers doing stuff for make a wish and having fun doing it as well. such nice bikes out there today. seen loads going around a round about and we and to stop just see the bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

What group were down in Dungarvan heading in the general direction of lismore/clonmel?

I was heading back into the town from the Sean Kelly, and exchanged waves as we passed.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Was at the biker.ie Burger Run myself. Until I get the exhaust gets sorted, crossing Ireland and not being able to exceed 70 mph except on a motorway, is just too depressing. Hope all concerned enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

nereid wrote: »
    What group were down in Dungarvan heading in the general direction of lismore/clonmel?

I was heading back into the town from the Sean Kelly, and exchanged waves as we passed.

L.

Think there was a charity run for a rape crisis centre or similar around the South East yesterday?

Good to see a lot of groups out despite our wonderful "summer" weather this weekend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Was at the biker.ie Burger Run myself. Until I get the exhaust gets sorted, crossing Ireland and not being able to exceed 70 mph except on a motorway, is just too depressing. Hope all concerned enjoyed it.

Think the official number of bikes that left on saturday for the AAI Run was 1002, a fair number to try and marshal safely. Silly comment on not being able to 'exceed 70 mph' - if you wanted to do the AAI Run you could've easily gone ahead of the main group and waited for the convoy to arrive in Eyre Square. Sure you would've been driven mental on the way back...sure with the rain they were doing a mean 55 mph for the first couple of hours :p

It was good fun - 336 miles door to door two up over the w/end on the trusty Bonnie ;)

029-1.jpg

...but queueing for juice was a pain in the rocks in Ballinasloe

036.jpg

038.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Fair play to everyone involved,its good to see bikers getting some good press once in a while:):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement