Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Help

Options
  • 29-08-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey..
    My laptop was getting quite full so I decided to transfer my iTunes library to an external hard drive. Changed the path in iTunes as directed in the help section to point to the external drive. It also said not to copy the Music Folder, so I didnt, but I did copy the individual song folders to the hard drive.. I cut and pasted them so they are gone from the hard drive of the laptop.. Now when I try to play a song it cant find the location. Should I have copied each individual song into this folder (painful:mad:) or am I just fooked now?
    The help section in iTunes is about as helpful as.....
    Hope some of you guys might be able to shed some light on this.. I've already searched boards.ie and cant see anything about this particular problem.
    Cheers..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oneilldamien

Any suggestions out there????

Must be a few at this hour of the night..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Itunes sucks ass

Thanks Horgan.. but i was looking for something a bit more constructive!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

No problem.

I know I'm a newbie but can anyone help???

I've restored my songs to the laptop but still need to know how to transfer to an external drive - if anyone can help I'd much appreciate it..

Cheers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Im pretty sure all you need to do is highlight all the music folders on the new external hard drive location, and drag the folders into itunes music library, all at once if you wish.
    But now you will have 2 of each song listed in itunes library, so maybe before you do this, just clear the files from itunes music library that it cant find, which is all the songs in your case right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

My best advice would be to ask in the apple media devices forum, on my mobile so cant post a link sorry! Those guys know alot about apple stuff! Good luck!

Thanks guys for the replies - so to get it right (i wouldnt mind but i'm no technophobe, just i spent a long time trying to get this right in the first place), i copy all the songs to the external hard drive, as in the song folders from the itunes library, then delete the folders from the itunes folder on the laptop hard drive, open up itunes and drag and drop the folders in there? sorry if i'm kinda saying this is simple english but i dont want to lose all the music..
    ye might reconsider my statement above about not being a technophobe after reading this post...
    thanks again

Advertisement