Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build or buy

Options
  • 29-08-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all.

I am toying with the idea of building my own pc for gaming and general use. I would like to keep it under 700 euro if possible. I have changed ram on laptops and desktops but as for going for a full build.....eh scary!!!:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont really know where to begin or where to buy.

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well you can begin by telling us any hardware intensive programs that you use, what games you want to play and what resolution screen you plan to play them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bazo260

Hi ,

I will be connecting a full 1080 hd tv to the pc if possible, (hdmi port or not?). I will be running microsoft autoroute, and google earth. Do i need to increase the budget to allow for this. Sorry if I sound a bit green, that's because I am new to all this.:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Autoroute isn't that intensive. And the only thing that Google Earth is intensive on is your broadband connection ;)

Stuff like HD encoding (not playback), Photoshop and 3D games are the big hardware killers. Need any of the above?

Advertisement