Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOOD Family Law Solicitor in Cork city or county

Options
  • 29-08-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any and all suggestions & opinions.
    I'm looking for a good family law solicitor. Primarily, I want an *honest* solicitor. I don't know if that's like looking for a fish that doesn't like water!
    But seriously, are there ANY solicitors out there who embarked on their careers with all the best of intentions?? Honesty, integrity and a *genuine* care for society and humanity.
    Other attributes which are very nearly as necessary obviously are ability, intelligence and experience.

I reckon I speak for us all here, when I say we wouldn't mind spending the money, just as long as we actually *did* get value for money, and not get ripped off the way so many do, by unscrupulous, inept, apathetic & incompetent types.

I need to get at least joint guardianship of my son. Even though myself and his mother separated six years ago, we have always had a 60/40 custody of him to me. He's 9 years old. But now things have happened which threatens his academic future, and she's totally not playing fair, and just claiming rank. Just, because she can.
    I want him to have the choice at least, of what career he wants to choose, when the time comes, whether it's academic or not.

Can anybody help??

Thanks again in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

are you a legal gaurdian?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

It's difficult one to start naming solicitors. Why not look on Rate My Solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Any luck on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

There's Eugene Murphy. I think he does family stuff. Seems like a solid no bull**** kid of guy. Helped my brother out with something a few years back.
    Think he's based just b4 the roundabout on the left going into carrigaline. I know he does divorce but not sure about custody type things. In any case I'd imagine he'd point you in a good direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

That " Rate My Solicitor " site is the most confusing ever , so many different opinions , wonder did the OP find anyone decent to represent him ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement