Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Hotspots?

Options
  • 29-08-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get free wifi in Kilkenny, i know that there was a list here a good while ago but I cant seem to find it,
    I know that MacDonagh Junction and Kilkenny cafe offer free Wifi, but where else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Mugshot have open access (great coffee), but McDonalds have some stupid eircom access card thingy.
    If you're mobile there are a few extremely fast wifi signals in some housing estates on the Johnswell rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Some of the hotels can have it too. Maybe the Hibernian hotel or the Ormond?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I am mobile catbear, i have a nice handy pda thing, but im not driving up in Johnswell too often.. the hotels should be useful, thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ormande Hotel has free wifi in and around reception

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

check the eircom site it gives all the hotspots

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Which cost money, not a good place to go to find out about wifi hotspots.

Here's a pretty detailed list and its somewhat recent
    http://www.onlinekilkenny.com/index.php/2009/03/free-wireless-internet-in-kilkenny-wifi-spots/
    Here’s a list of the current free & paid WIFI locations in Kilkenny.
    The date represents the last known date of it’s listed status.

* Bollard’s Bar and Bistro, Kieran St. Kilkenny.
    * Breathnach’s, John St. Kilkenny.
    * Café Sol, William St. Kilkenny.
    * Chez Pierre, Parliament St. Kilkenny.
    * Clubhouse Hotel, Patrick St. Kilkenny.
    * Crotty’s Coffee House, High St. Kilkenny.
    * Daly’s B&B, John St. Kilkenny.
    * Hibernian Hotel, Ormonde St. Kilkenny. (FREE, 08/4/09)
    * Hotel Kilkenny, Callan Rd. Kilkenny.
    * Inglewood Hotel, Patrick St. Kilkenny.
    * Kilkenny Café, Market Cross SC, Kilkenny. (FREE, 16/3/09)
    * Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, Ormonde St. Kilkenny. (FREE, 17/3/09)
    * Kyteler’s Inn, Kieran St. Kilkenny.
    * Lacken House, Dublin Rd. Kilkenny.
    * Lawlor’s Pub, John St. Kilkenny.
    * MacDonagh Junction, Dublin Rd. Kilkenny. (FREE, 19/3/09)
    * McDonald’s Kilkenny, Upper Patrick St. Kilkenny.
    * Mount Juliet Hotel, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny.
    * Mug Shot, James St. Kilkenny. (FREE, 10/5/09)
    * Newpark Hotel, Castlecomer Rd. Kilkenny.
    * Paris Texas, High St. Kilkenny.
    * Rafter Dempsey’s, Friary St. Kilkenny.
    * Rivercourt Hotel, John St. Kilkenny.
    * Springhill Court Hotel, Waterford Rd. Kilkenny.

We’ll try and update the above list shortly about which internet connections are reliable, which are not, which connection is free and which you have to pay for, so keep checking back to this post regularly to view updates.

Please feel free to inform us about the conditions/prices of any of the above locations to help us update our lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Cabaal wrote: »
    Which cost money, not a good place to go to find out about wifi hotspots.

Here's a pretty detailed list and its somewhat recent
    http://www.onlinekilkenny.com/index.php/2009/03/free-wireless-internet-in-kilkenny-wifi-spots/

Free Wifi in my place (The Grapevine on Rose Inn Street) you may have to (or even want to) buy a coffee though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

This is available only to Eircom customers at a extra price.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    * MacDonagh Junction, Dublin Rd. Kilkenny. (FREE, 19/3/09)

Can anyone actually verify that MacDonagh Junction's WiFi is available and working?
    I've tried personally a few times and connection just timed out each time. Locations tried were all cafés, inside the shopping center and in food court.
    Hobart wrote: »
    Free Wifi in my place (The Grapevine on Rose Inn Street) you may have to (or even want to) buy a coffee though :).

Added to list. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Free wifi from outside Gloria Jeans coffee in McDonagh was still working on monday, even though the shop is closed some time now...
    I think I got wifi from the cafe in the corner (quigleys) beside the bookstore before too on the iPhone.
    The McDonagh wifi itself has never worked for me.

Makes sense to me in fairness your running a business after all, where exactly is the Grapevine...beside which other business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its a door or two down from educational suppliers isn't it?

Stephen wrote: »

Must pop in there some day when I'm in town,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Stephen wrote: »

Yep, in fact it's right next door. It's sandwiched between the educational suppliers and abrakebabra. Right across the road from Lanigans.

Yep, in fact it's right next door. It's sandwiched between the educational suppliers and abrakebabra. Right across the road from Lanigans.

I used to work down Rose Inn street in that Celtel Internet Cafe years back, I noticed its closed now...ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

The pumphouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

Willie Byrnes pub John St has free wireless access

Advertisement