Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry cleaner ruined dress for wedding, help needed ASAP PLS

• 29-08-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hey all,

As the title suggests i left my beautiful silk dress into the cleaners last week, my friend picked it up today and basically it's ruined, big stain down the back :(

I was due to wear it this thursday to a black tie wedding and now i'm seriously not prepared, i've absolutely nothing to wear.

I need something away from the normal coast, debenems, brown thomas etc, can anyone please suggest somewhere i could get a designer evening dress at this late stage..

Any help would be really appreciated as to be quite honest i'm devestated, i thought i'd just to get the usual hair and nails done and now i'm back to square one. I'm willing to travel any where so pleeeeeeeaaasseee any help would be fantastic, help a girl out i'm practially begging here :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Could you consider a trip to Kikdare Villlage Outlet tomorrow? There are lots of evening year place there and most are at a reasonable price. Think they are open 12-6, also there is a coast there which has last seasons dresses so might be less likely that someone else is wearing same dress.
    Oh there is also a karen millen and reiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I hope the Dry cleaners compensated you for ruining your dress. They are supposed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Try Kilkenny Design. I was in there yesterday and they have some beautiful dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

There is a boutique in the Powerscourt centre in Dublin called Covet where you can rent designer, one off dresses starting at 70euro. Haven' tried it myself but my friend was saying they alter them to fit perfectly! I can' find a shop website but i found this link which explains better!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2009/0822/1224252845664.html

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

Thanks u guys for all the suggestions, i'm thinking of harvey nichols in dundrum, i had a look at their website and they seem to have a few about.

I do like the idea of renting from the place in powerscourt, thanks a mil for that, my only concern is i probably wouldn't be able to go up till tomorrow and the wedding is thurs, wonder would it be altered in time.

I'm thinking of popping into kildare outlet on the way, so fingers crossed all that i get something.

Bout the cleaners, i haven't seen them yet, i explained when i dropped the dress in that there was a "small" stain on the back. now tbh the stain was from a piece of cream that got stuck to it :rolleyes: i moved it off myself. it looks now that they poured something on it to remove that stain but created an even bigger one :(

i'm still open to all suggestions so keep them comin girlies i'm really really grateful x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I'd be demanding compensation from the cleaners for ruining your dress. :mad:

A suggestion: You could hire something for the day. Check out Wicked Frills on Dawson Street.

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Thanks u guys for all the suggestions, i'm thinking of harvey nichols in dundrum, i had a look at their website and they seem to have a few about.

I do like the idea of renting from the place in powerscourt, thanks a mil for that, my only concern is i probably wouldn't be able to go up till tomorrow and the wedding is thurs, wonder would it be altered in time.

I'm thinking of popping into kildare outlet on the way, so fingers crossed all that i get something.

Bout the cleaners, i haven't seen them yet, i explained when i dropped the dress in that there was a "small" stain on the back. now tbh the stain was from a piece of cream that got stuck to it :rolleyes: i moved it off myself. it looks now that they poured something on it to remove that stain but created an even bigger one :(

i'm still open to all suggestions so keep them comin girlies i'm really really grateful x

I suggested Kilkenny Design in an earlier post because I was really impressed with the Aideen Bodkin range of dresses. I think her range is also stocked in either Harvey Nics or House of Fraser in Dundrum so check them out when you go.
    If you go into town, then check out Lara in Dame Lane, they often have really great stuff and aren't stupidly expensive either. If you're going to Kildare Village, make time to go to Naas, Newbridge etc as there are many fabulous shops there too.
    Re: dry cleaners............feckers. I understand that your first priority right now is to get something to wear to the wedding but once that is over I'd head back and insist that you are fully compensated for the value of your dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

Hey u guys,

Just to say thanks so much for the replies, i got sorted yesterday in dundrum and i'm delighted with the new outfit :D it couldn't have went better.

As for the ruined dress, i'm going to take it to the cleaners suggested in an earlier post, so fingers crossed all that it's fixable.

And as for the cleaner that ruined it, i won't EVER be going back there again! maybe i should name and shame them!!

Anyways thanks again all :)

Advertisement