Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of old phone fascias and batteries

• 29-08-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I have a number of old phone batteries and used phone fascias that I need to dispose of in the most environmentally friendly way.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I'm hoping someone can advise me of the best solution.

I think my local recycling centre might accept the batteries now I come to think of it, but what about the fascias - obviously they're made of plastic, so it needs to be somewhere that can perhaps recycle them or dispose of them however they see fit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A lot of phone shops have a phone recycling bin. Some of the major supermarket chains also have a charity phone recycling box for charitys like the Jack & Jil foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Send to:

The Jack & Jill Appeal,
    FREEPOST,
    Ratoath Road,
    Finglas,
    Dublin 11.

http://www.jackandjill.ie/how-you-can-help/recycle/
    * We'll take any make and model of mobile phone regardless of condition
    * All makes and models of digital cameras
    * And all brands of ink cartridge except Epson

Another way, is to fill this online form, and tesco send you little bags that you can send the phones/ ink cartridges back to them, and they give you club points for the more you send.

http://www.recyclingappeal.ie/tesco/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

those blue boxes for batteries they put up in Aldi

Advertisement