Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Fat To Fit - A young guy's journey

Options
  • 29-08-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Couldn't think of a catchy title :pac:

Before I start, I just want to say that yes, I am the user who created the foolish thread on fitness logs which can be seen here. :p

Details:

Male
    5' 8'' (173 cm)
    194 lbs (88 Kg)
    BMI 29.5
    Body fat % (Calculated online, not done by professional) - 15.86%

What I'd like to do is drop 30lbs by Christmas. That's approximately 16 weeks away which means I'll aim to drop about 1 - 2lbs a week.

My main reason for creating this is to obviously help me to lose weight until I'm in a healthy BMI level. I know some people prefer not to go by this.

Every Saturday, I'll update this with a weigh in. Also, I'll set my weight loss goal for the following week. I'll probably update this daily as well in case I need any help or if I just need to get something off my chest.

I have no clue about weightlifting and how it will help me, but I'll do a Google on it and educate myself. I do have good knowledge about food though so that should help.

I also know my weakness - sweets, chocolates etc. Whatever you want to call it. They're everybody's nightmare :mad:. Honestly, I must eat at least 350 calories of the stuff daily which does not help. I hope creating this log can motivate me to not eat them and to replace it with more fruit or even chewing gum.

I don't do a lot of exercise, maybe 30 minutes of football every two or three days. So I'll exercise more by doing cardio. Whether it be running, sport or swimming. I'll do what I can.

So that's it really. I hope I can keep this up. Should be a good motivator.

For next week I'll try to go down to 192lbs, for a start at least. It will give me a BMI of 29.2

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Good luck man! It's great to get started, keep it up. For cardio I prefer swimming, jogging or any sport at all really. Swimming is great because it's not too hard on the joints and it's easy to train at your level of fitness, no matter what that may be. For jogging, it'd be best to start with brisk walks (unless you feel you could keep up a jog) until you get fitter.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

bout time you started this after that thread!!! your for ever gonna be know as that guy with the fitness log thread :P

good luck with the goals...

and im pretty sure you will find enough advice on here about lifting stuff....

im after cutting from 98kg down to about 88-89 recently...i found fitday.com very useful at the start for counting the kcal....after a while i got used to doing it and am just able to do it myself now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

bout time you started this after that thread!!! your for ever gonna be know as that guy with the fitness log thread :P

good luck with the goals...

and im pretty sure you will find enough advice on here about lifting stuff....

im after cutting from 98kg down to about 88-89 recently...i found fitday.com very useful at the start for counting the kcal....after a while i got used to doing it and am just able to do it myself now...

+1 for fitday.

Down from 110kg to 101kg myself and on towards 95 or 96.

My first cut two years ago, I found fitday invaluable. Like Drifter I can pretty much tell myself now, but fitday's a great tool, you should def use it.

Advertisement