Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to have more than one version of Nokia PC Suite on one computer?

• 29-08-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I'd like to back up data from my Nokia E71 on my PC and also update the phone's software.

But at the moment I have PC Suite for my Nokia 6230i on the laptop.

When I tried putting a different version of PC Suite onto it before, I think the version for the 6230i became defunct and I had to uninstall it and re-install the 6230i one.

Am I missing something or is it impossible to have more than one PC Suite version on one PC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Gekko, there should be no need to have 2 versions of Nokia PC Suite. Just hit the Web button and Search for updates & add-ons. This will ensure that you have the latest version and thus, support for the latest phones. I could have 4 or 5 nokia phones backed up using one instance of PC Suite.
    Saying that, I have the Beta version of Ovi Suite v.2 installed aswell, but I make sure that the one program is closed completely before running the other (that includes Sync)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Gekko wrote: »
    I'd like to back up data from my Nokia E71 on my PC and also update the phone's software.

But at the moment I have PC Suite for my Nokia 6230i on the laptop.

When I tried putting a different version of PC Suite onto it before, I think the version for the 6230i became defunct and I had to uninstall it and re-install the 6230i one.

Am I missing something or is it impossible to have more than one PC Suite version on one PC?

I had similar probs once. A new version would just NOT work. Reason is that now and again the built-in uninstaller doesn't do the job. So: uninstall your pc suite using the official nokia pc suite 'Cleaner' http://www.esoft.web.id/internet-tools/nokia-pc-suite-cleaner-7-0-1.html THEN install the latest version which should work for all your pokias!

Advertisement