Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Anyone Bought From Scan.Co.UK - Your Opinions / Experiences Please:

Options
  • 29-08-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Over the course of the next six months or so I am planning to build a high-end gaming PC based around an Intel i7 processor. I've been buying Custom PC for the last year and a half and having looked at a lot of the adverts in the mag and after checking out their respective websites I have more or less settled on www.scan.co.uk for my hardware purchases as their range of goods was a lot wider than most.

I've read the "Retailers To Stay Clear Of" thread here on boards.ie and there was one negative mention of Scan. On www.resellerratings.com the company's feedback is mostly positive.

Has anyone any more feedback or info they could give me?

I will be using a Visa credit card for all my purchases - no paypal for me or bank drafts, cheques, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Regards,

The Th!ng

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Don't get from scan they are generally good to deal with though....

If you read all those mags don't know why you're getting an i7 for a gaming rig...

Very little performance boost getting an i7 over even, a dual core on nearly every game and most games for the future a quad-core will be more than ample.

Buy from hardwareversand.de

good selection, best prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not dealt with them direct, but tried to, they made me jump thru so many hoops I gave up. I got my boss, Who's british and has a UK cc and has family living in the UK to order a gpu for me last June and forward it to me. Saved a fortune with the exchange rate the way it was. No probs with that transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Hi folks, thanks for the speedy replies.

@ Effluo: I won't buy from hardwareversand.de because they don't accept credit cards.

A Core i7-920 is £205 from scan at the moment. I don't think that's a bad price really?
    Don't get from scan they are generally good to deal with though....

Can you clarify what you mean by the above - You don't buy from Scan, but you've heard they're good to deal with? Have I got that right?

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

The_Thing wrote: »
    Can you clarify what you mean by the above - You don't buy from Scan, but you've heard they're good to deal with? Have I got that right?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Yup, from the same sources you were referring too.
    Online shop reviewers....

Advertisement