Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Business School

Options
  • 29-08-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Strongly thinking of going to Dublin Business School as a mature full time student to do Business with law. Anyone else do this course or anyone have any info about the college??? I really want to know the average age in the classes too as I am 26 and dont want to be stuck with 17/18 year olds. Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Maddox55

Hi,i'm also about to start a Graduate entry Law degree course in sept. and a bit concerned about the demographics of the students,past performances of law students,etc.will appreciate feedback from former and current students.thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

DBS is quite a good college. I've found it quite well regarded on my CV. Students have won quite a lot of international awards, and many of the degree's are awarded by Liverpools John Moore's University, which is a well regarded university in the UK.

As for demographics, I did business years ago, and most of the students were out of school, as with any full-time day course in the country, but there was a fair share of mature students also, and in the college in general. I would say the student populations is split 50 / 50 between Irish and Asian / S.W. Asian, it's quite a high proportion of international students.

Lecture facilities are excellent, but "campus" is non-existant other than lecture rooms and a small cantene in the main building, but I suppose south Dublin city centre is your campus.

Many thanks Jackass:D...ur post was quite helpful.i'll be off to pay my fees in the mng.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

If your worried about the younger students would you not consider doing the course at night? I did a degree course a few years in marketing there at night and the night courses are the same content as the full time day courses.

thanks neris,im doing the evening course.nice one.:)

• Advertisement

For all DBS law students,new and returning,are welcome to join the 'dublin business school law students' group on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ~Becktron

I want to go to DBS next year! Excited!! :D

Advertisement