Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Enrolment?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

i presume ye all got the email about this new online enrollment process? just wondering has anyone done it yet? is it worth doing or is it just as easy to just do it during orientation??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

yeah just got an email there too, i tried to do it, logged in ok, but after that theres nothing that says to enrol :confused: just about paying online, which ive paid for via bank giro. So dunno what the craic is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Completed it and printed out the page at the end. most of it was already filled in for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Anyone care to post the information in the e-mail. Seems i didn't get one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

Dear Liam, In August 2009, the University of Limerick is launching a pilot online enrolment programme. This is the first phase in a project that will ultimately result in all new students to UL being able to enrol online. The process involves confirmation of your personal information collected at the application stage as well as the collection of new additional information for the purposes of our records. You have been selected for inclusion in this pilot and we hope that you will participate. Requirements for Online Enrolment- You must have a PC with access to the internet. - Your PC should also be connected to a printer.- You MUST print the confirmation summary at the end of the process which you must present with you during Orientation week, when your fees status will be checked and you will be issued with your student ID card- Of the personal information provided you should note that you are also expected to provide your PPS number where your country of normal residence is in Ireland To Enrol Online- Go to the University limerick website at http://www.ul.ie and go to the link for Current Students and then the link for Online Student Records. (These links are in the left margins of each web page)- Login to your student administration portal account using your Student ID/Username and PIN/Password as indicated above. Please note that you will also be asked indicate your date of birth as an additional security measure. On logging in for the first time you will be prompted to change your PIN/Password. Please ensure that you make note of this change as you will use your student administration portal many times over the duration of your studies.- Follow the instructions on the starting page and complete all the information required- Print the final summary page and bring this page with you during Orientation Week An information pack has also been prepared for you and is being distributed in accordance with the instructions outlined on our orientation website at http://www.ul.ie/orientation. Within this pack you will find an Enrolment form. It is NOT necessary to complete this form if you have completed the online enrolment process. If you encounter any difficulties please refer to our web page at http://www.ul.ie/admissions and clink on the link in the left margin for Online Enrolment. Thank you for your attention. The continued development of this project and its roll out to greater volumes of the student body in the future is dependent on your participation. The University will be conducting a survey of new entrants gauging their experiences of all aspects of orientation. Within this survey, we will also be asking for feedback from those who participated in online enrolment. Futher information of relevance to new entrants is available from the orientation website at http://www.ul.ie/orientation. Undergraduate Admissions OfficeUniversity of Limerick

thats the email......havn't done it myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I was sent an email from UL detailing a pilot scheme of online enrolment. They have selected me for this?

Could this be a hoax? Has anyone else got this mail?

If it is genuine, do i have to enrol online?

Cheers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Its not a hoax, i got it too. Alas i have no toner in my printer so there'll be no online enrollment for me. Would that cause any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I did it, its really handy. Its not a hoax because you have to access it via a link on the UL website. It's really good because once you enter your id, all your information comes up so there is very little filling in. At the end, they tell you to print off a screen and bring it with you to orientation. They also send you an email.

It got the thumbs up from me anyway, I reckon it will save a lot of time at registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Two threads merged:)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Can anyone tell me by when does the registration fee have to be paid???!!:confused: I was going to do it next week during orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Friday September 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Did it there twas grand and wont have to Q next tuesday!

Did it there the other day. Fast and easy! Highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Think I may have been the first person to enrole for UL online. Had it all done within 5 min of getting the e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 barahsug

I'm trying to do it at the minute, is my term time address my address in Thomond? if so ..what's my address in Thomond?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Just put down thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Online enrolment was very handy but why do they have "Irish Traveller" as a seperate ethnic background?

*Awaits AH type comments* :D

That guy Michael Collins would have a field day if he heard about this.

Online enrolment was very handy but why do they have "Irish Traveller" as a seperate ethnic background?
    It's legally a separate ethnic background for census and other purposes as defined by the CSO and listed under the more recent discrimination acts.
    *Awaits AH type comments* :D
    Not here without a severe slapping.
    That guy Michael Collins would have a field day if he heard about this.
    Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Did it there twas grand and wont have to Q next tuesday!

You will have to queue to hand in all the other crap they make you fill out.

don't forget, if you did the online enrollment, you MUST print out the page at the end. make sure you have a working printer before you start.

You will have to queue to hand in all the other crap they make you fill out.
    Indeed. Three queues, those who have enrolled online will be able to skip the middle one.
    don't forget, if you did the online enrollment, you MUST print out the page at the end. make sure you have a working printer before you start.
    As important things go, this is indeed pretty important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Tried it there but couldnt log in...
    Is everyones initial pin 9999?

• Advertisement
Advertisement