Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn School laptop deals

Options
  • 30-08-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

A friend of mine purchased a laptop from the quinn school and paid a good deal of money for it, but to me it seemed very bad value. It was a model that was at least two years old and its specs where inferior to my own which was significantly cheaper.

I was wondering had anyone else noticed this with the dell scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

the price is high because of the warranty with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

I got a warranty with my sony vaio and it was still cheaper and better than the outdated dells on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

A friend of mine purchased a laptop from the quinn school and paid a good deal of money for it, but to me it seemed very bad value. It was a model that was at least two years old and its specs where inferior to my own which was significantly cheaper.

I haven't seen a Sony Vaio with a better spec for cheaper than the UCD Dell offer but would be interested. Can you tell me where you got your laptop. I am looking at the Dell E6400 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There are a couple of pluses buying the UCD laptops:

- they offer long warranties included and more importantly...
    - if the laptop breaks, ILTG will sort it for you pretty quickly

They do tend to be a bit more pricey, but just buy what you need. In fairness I haven't seen the deals this year so I'm not sure what they're like but every other year they were up-to-date and reasonable IMO

Advertisement