Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Morning Mountain Bike Rides

• 30-08-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anyone interested in getting together for regular mountain bike rides around the Waterford area. Usually just going exploring the mountain ranges around Co. Waterford and visits to Ballyhoura.
    Beginners welcome as these are just leisurely rides at a steady pace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RockHipHopper

Yup. Sounds good for the wkends that i'd be home. Not available next wkend but should be week after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Trek EX8

Thats great just sent you a PM with contact details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Have you done Faithlegg yet?

Havent been to Faithlegg isnt that just a short downhill track? I tend to go more for XC myself but I know theres a good DH track in Chair that they have used for the NPS races. Havent been there but it looks good. Watched it on youtube the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I think the Sportif Waterford Club do some MTB rides. Also towards the end of the month, Comeragh CC tend to meet up with some of the Carrick and Clonmel road clubs and take a few weeks off to go MTBing in the Comeraghs, with possibly a trip or two to Ballyhoura thrown in. At least thats whats happened the last couple of years.

• Advertisement

Quigs Snr - Thanks for the info I will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭mjg

Trek EX8 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in getting together for regular mountain bike rides around the Waterford area. Usually just going exploring the mountain ranges around Co. Waterford and visits to Ballyhoura.
    Beginners welcome as these are just leisurely rides at a steady pace.

I'd be well on for that, couldn't do the next few weeks but interested in some regular MTBing.

Please PM with contact details etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I think the Sportif Waterford Club do some MTB rides. Also towards the end of the month, Comeragh CC tend to meet up with some of the Carrick and Clonmel road clubs and take a few weeks off to go MTBing in the Comeraghs, with possibly a trip or two to Ballyhoura thrown in. At least thats whats happened the last couple of years.

Yep, to confirm, Sportif Waterford do have an active MTB section, routes regularly used are Ballyscanlon near Tramore/ Fenor, Portlaw, Faithlegg and Ballyhoura has been looked after as well,
    Keep an eye out on the blog for updates, or post your query there
    http://sportifwaterfordcc.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the info I will check out that sportifwaterfordcc blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

Hi, first thing - I used to do good distances on my moutain bike when I was 16 - that was 20 years ago, I'm getting a second Hand gt xc3 09 next week and bringing it down to France to get back into it, looking forward to faithlegg as it's local to me, wouldn't mind hooking up with some others with same interest and boards.ie is always a good place to start

• Advertisement

aquanaut wrote: »
    Hi, first thing - I used to do good distances on my moutain bike when I was 16 - that was 20 years ago, I'm getting a second Hand gt xc3 09 next week and bringing it down to France to get back into it, looking forward to faithlegg as it's local to me, wouldn't mind hooking up with some others with same interest and boards.ie is always a good place to start

Aquanaut, Waterford Sportif CC members usually go out on a Wednesday evening at 6.30.
    Next Wed we are heading to a trial out Dungarvan area if anyone wishes to come along - just let me know!

Hi, Myself and a friend usually go somewhere on Sunday mornings. We have found a few nice trails around Cahir and the Knockmealdowns around Mount Mellary. We normally do 2 or 3 hour spins around the mountains. [with some walking involved of course]. Try patch together some routes and that. The downhill course in Cahir is excellent but plenty of xc riding there as well. All welcome to join us. Send a PM if interested for contact details....

Thanks guys, this sounds cool - I am picking up my bike next Saturday and then heading over to France with it 2 weeks Thursday - hoping that the following weekend (10th / 11th) to give it a good test before France and also to gauge how much of my fitness I need to recover. If i'm happy enough and get out on the Saturday then might join you on the Sunday if thats cool. I have signed up on the Sportif cc website forum as miked, out of interest, i am smashed for money but need some essentials for France - thinking repair kit, inner tube, chain / bike lube, helmet, padlock & chain - does this sound about right for a 2 week casual 1 or 2 hour per day??? Can pick up more bits and pieces a month later - also has anyone any experience of cycling off road around the charante maritime area of France? thanks again and hope to get out soon

THe helmet is a must for all biking but especially offroad. A tube, repair kit and lube sounds good for 1-2 hour rides. Dont forget the tire levers as some tires are a nightmare to get on and off. Always bring more water than you're going to need, never know when that ride might last longer if you take a wrong trail. So always have some food and plenty water going offroad. I often take 2 tubes with me as well just to be safe. You're not going to want to spend time looking for a puncture out on the trail.
    Hopefully we will see you out on a trail soon with us and sorry to say I have no knowledge of biking in France but have a great trip over there.

out of intereset, is anyone here a member of sportif cc - created login for site on saturday, but account is still pending administrator approval - thanks

aquanaut wrote: »
    out of intereset, is anyone here a member of sportif cc - created login for site on saturday, but account is still pending administrator approval - thanks

AFAIK the blog has easy access, but the forum is members only.
    It can take a little while for access to come through. Any more info please PM.

Advertisement